• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2022 at 1:26 AM, Kerdese said:

They showed a bunch of boxes tonight. If they weren't exaggerating, it's 32,000. lol

32,000 signatures! If my books at $120 a pop come back anything less than a 9.8 then I lost a ton of money in resale value. Last time I was able to get some really good deals on desperate sellers after the market was flooded. I think this time around it will be like a kid in a candy shop picking up more signed books.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:40 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Ugh, I'm worried my books are all going to be in the second round after the market tanks, I sent them in in early September but the case cracker at CSS lost (they called me) them for 6 weeks so they didn't show as received until November. 

Do you mean the debt market tanking:shiftyeyes: 

Its one sale but just saw a voldy ASM 301 in 9.2 T Mac "verified" sig go for nearly 800 with the Ebay tax and shipping. I think GPA high for 9.2 yellow is nowhere near that. This was a voldy copy and not even a witnessed sig.

I don't know that I'd be so quick to assume a huge widespread tanking of Mcfarlane signatures. There's a reason they have boatloads of submissions at 120 - 150 a pop. If the demand wasn't there Todd wouldn't have to do this over a period of time with multiple trips.

On 12/11/2022 at 11:08 PM, Plvnet said:

Sure am thankful to be a collector and not a speculator. That way, it doesn’t matter when my books show up b/c they won’t be going anywhere except to my kids when I’m pushing up the daisies. 

I'm both, the plan was send in ten, sell two when they got back to pay for the other eight (which I would then keep forever or until I found an even better copy, like a 9.9).  I don't know how you don't keep cycling your books to continuously upgrade.  I'm 100% not in it for the money, just working on getting that AF15 in at least mid grade.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, Barth said:

Hope mine move soon :baiting:

Received: 10/7/22
Items: 5
Declared Value: 700
Service: In-house Signing Grading

I sent in 5 books, all were received on 10/7/22 as well.  Four of the Five are headed to CCS and show the same status as yours.  The 5th that wasn't pressed is already graded and shipped, and should be here tomorrow!  So now its just the wait for pressing for the both of us :)

On 12/12/2022 at 6:20 AM, Barth said:

Hope mine move soon :baiting:

Received: 10/7/22
Items: 5
Declared Value: 700
Service: In-house Signing Grading

I'm in the same boat with my 4 books. So if they are heading to CCS does that mean they have already been signed? 

On 12/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, DarkPhantom13 said:

I'm in the same boat with my 4 books. So if they are heading to CCS does that mean they have already been signed? 

"Received at CCS" does not mean the books have been signed

that is the initial status for books that have pressing services with CCS when first received by CGC

when the book is actually signed and pressed it will move to "Scheduled for Grading" status

hope that helps 

Hi everyone

This is my first post here, so I apologize if I missed something in the FAQ section regarding the Signature Series.

I recently got 5 of my books back that were submitted to the McFarlane signing. All of my books had been previously graded by CGC and were already encapsulated.

One book in particular was an Amazing Spider-Man 299 which graded at a 9.8. It had already been pressed by CCS earlier this year (Around March 2022)

Unfortunately when I received the book back with a signature, it received a 9.6 with new grader notes "light creasing to cover"
I did not think the book would need to get pressed again, seeing as how it was already done.
Is the rule of thumb, to always have books re-pressed again even if already pressed and slabbed previously?
I'm just seeing if there is any possibility there may have been a mess-up and this can be re-graded.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm seeing lots of 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6 books being sold as a Buy It Now on Ebay for way less than the $120 signature cost. I still don't understand why so many people sent their books off unless they had a real shot at a 9.8 on a key, rare book like #300, #301, etc. CGC really marketed the heck out of this event.

On 12/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Gator Guru said:

I'm seeing lots of 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6 books being sold as a Buy It Now on Ebay for way less than the $120 signature cost. I still don't understand why so many people sent their books off unless they had a real shot at a 9.8 on a key, rare book like #300, #301, etc. CGC really marketed the heck out of this event.

most of the submissions are going to be for people that want to keep the books in their collections

there are probably more signed McFarlane books out there unsigned :nyah: