• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 1
15 15

200 posts in this topic

For as much as it pleases the wider participants of this, the 'Summer Newsstand Edition 2023' grading contest, once again run most ably by the former board member 'comicdonna', lower case c, who, as stated in an earlier post in the Winter Direct Edition 2022 contest thread, now oversees this, the 'CGC Comic Forum' under the new guise of 'CGC Mike' - Mike, note, not Michael - that would still be too stuffy and business like - following his aforementioned change of career from lumberjack to administrator of justice and control on this comic chat board - which is still considered an odd choice of career change, when one stops to think about it, but, each to their own and, as the saying goes, a "change is as good as a rest" - I thought it best to follow the long standing board contest tradition - namely, the statement to the wider group that one's grades are 'in' - by doing in fact, just that, and stating through the medium of this 'post', as which they are commonly referred in online parlance, that, after long and careful consideration of the images provided by lower case comicdonna, but in his now official guise of 'CGC Mike' - and with some consternation, truth be told, given the rather horrifically difficult first five books of this the opening round, my opening grades can now be considered by the common considered majority to be, in fact, 'in'.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

For as much as it pleases the wider participants of this, the 'Summer Newsstand Edition 2023' grading contest, once again run most ably by the former board member 'comicdonna', lower case c, who, as stated in an earlier post in the Winter Direct Edition 2022 contest thread, now oversees this, the 'CGC Comic Forum' under the new guise of 'CGC Mike' - Mike, note, not Michael - that would still be too stuffy and business like - following his aforementioned change of career from lumberjack to administrator of justice and control on this comic chat board - which is still considered an odd choice of career change, when one stops to think about it, but, each to their own and, as the saying goes, a "change is as good as a rest" - I thought it best to follow the long standing board contest tradition - namely, the statement to the wider group that one's grades are 'in' - by doing in fact, just that, and stating through the medium of this 'post', as which they are commonly referred in online parlance, that, after long and careful consideration of the images provided by lower case comicdonna, but in his now official guise of 'CGC Mike' - and with some consternation, truth be told, given the rather horrifically difficult first five books of this the opening round, my opening grades can now be considered by the common considered majority to be, in fact, 'in'.

Mine are in too.

Although I don't know cgcmike personally, I cannot attest to knowing his alter ego which may perhaps be 'comicdonna' - with a lowercase "c", and former position of lumberjack, which, as comic book fans, we should applaud due to our necessity for paper and pulp, I would not write that his rule, or "oversight" of our nefarious activities here, are verging on the bounds of "control", as we can pretty much write what we want and even side skirt certain verboten names and words (an example might be Tracy), which an artificial intelligence,  such as the Chinese use to "oversee" their citizenry, would not be able to catch, am very appreciative that humans are still being given jobs in this day and age, but instead give a warm, but not too hot - heavens know that these current temperatures in California are not good for my personal collection of paper material, of which I have considerable reams - and hearty "thank you" for "lording" over this particular contest, of which some group of upstarts, that may be going by the name of "marwood" or "I" or "Get", have been attempting to usurp, in the kindest of ways, this position of power by cataloging the "who" and "what" of this challenge, but in reality uses this inside knowledge of Excel spreadsheet mastery to gain an upper hand and become victorious in 2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6), which may in fact be why he/she/it/them is also known as "Table Boy" or "Tableman", perhaps needs some reigning in, due to aforementioned Grading Contest victory going straight to their heads, in these sense of the Freudian "ID", not a tattoo or anything, by the prior champion of a former Grading Contest, which is to say that I, Champion of 2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4), must step up and "voice" this challenge to the status-quo that I will be taking back the crown by submitting my dead-ringer grades to the lumberjack in charge...

Oh hell.

Grades in.

Grades are in and I’m feeling very confident…:acclaim:

…that I won’t get a perfect score in the first round this time.???

On 7/21/2023 at 6:59 PM, paqart said:

Mine are in too.

Alright, alright. Don't get all cocky about it.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, Yorick said:

Although I don't know cgcmike personally, I cannot attest to knowing his alter ego which may perhaps be 'comicdonna' - with a lowercase "c", and former position of lumberjack, which, as comic book fans, we should applaud due to our necessity for paper and pulp, I would not write that his rule, or "oversight" of our nefarious activities here, are verging on the bounds of "control", as we can pretty much write what we want and even side skirt certain verboten names and words (an example might be Tracy), which an artificial intelligence,  such as the Chinese use to "oversee" their citizenry, would not be able to catch, am very appreciative that humans are still being given jobs in this day and age, but instead give a warm, but not too hot - heavens know that these current temperatures in California are not good for my personal collection of paper material, of which I have considerable reams - and hearty "thank you" for "lording" over this particular contest, of which some group of upstarts, that may be going by the name of "marwood" or "I" or "Get", have been attempting to usurp, in the kindest of ways, this position of power by cataloging the "who" and "what" of this challenge, but in reality uses this inside knowledge of Excel spreadsheet mastery to gain an upper hand and become victorious in 2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6), which may in fact be why he/she/it/them is also known as "Table Boy" or "Tableman", perhaps needs some reigning in, due to aforementioned Grading Contest victory going straight to their heads, in these sense of the Freudian "ID", not a tattoo or anything, by the prior champion of a former Grading Contest, which is to say that I, Champion of 2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Fall Edition (#4), must step up and "voice" this challenge to the status-quo that I will be taking back the crown by submitting my dead-ringer grades to the lumberjack in charge...

Oh hell.

Grades in.

Say again?

On 7/21/2023 at 6:20 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Alright, alright. Don't get all cocky about it.

Say again?

Funny, I thought you had written that, but now it looks like I quoted the wrong person. I thought it didn't sound like you, even in a jocular mood.