• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Fall Edition #8 Round 2
11 11

156 posts in this topic

Grading 10 GA books in a row is scarier than any haunted house or horror movie out there.

We need a side contest where we guess what our cumulative score on the round will be. I took my notes, wrote down my grade range and then picked the lower end grade for every book. This means I will score a 10 b/c I should have gone with my higher guess, which was still a grade too harsh.

On 10/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, Cman429 said:

Got mine in early this time. Would’ve got them in even earlier but I had to look up “silverfish.” Is that some kind of regional bug ya’all down south are infested with or something? I’ve never heard of such an insect and thought someone was making comic eating creatures up.

They particularly like the taste of expensive golden age books.  They are VERY real and they love old paper.  I find they like to travel within the corrugation of cardboard shipping boxes.  The comic book boogeyman insect

• Administrator

I have received grades from 68 participants.  It will be way too time consuming for me to try and flag all of the people who have not yet submitted their grades.  If the list is shorter during my midday shift I may be able to.  

On 10/27/2023 at 4:00 PM, CJ Design said:

Stop shaming me Steve ...they were in yesterday 😈

Sorry!

I had to tag everyone, as I don't know who has and hasn't sent them in. I've just worked out a new way of bulk tagging though, which Mike may be able to use going forward so it will be very quick for him to tag only those whose grades are outstanding. And that's outstanding as in 'not in' by the way, not outstanding as in any good (mine were not outstanding. If Mikes emoji was anything to go by, they were a pile of golden horsesh:censored:t :eek:

On 10/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sorry!

I had to tag everyone, as I don't know who has and hasn't sent them in. I've just worked out a new way of bulk tagging though, which Mike may be able to use going forward so it will be very quick for him to tag only those whose grades are outstanding. And that's outstanding as in 'not in' by the way, not outstanding as in any good (mine were not outstanding. If Mikes emoji was anything to go by, they were a pile of golden horsesh:censored:t :eek:

No hard feeling.  Thanks Chap!

On 10/27/2023 at 10:07 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sorry!

I'm just teasing...feeling kinda awake this FriYay..after a grueling week of PT. BTW, I'm traditionally late on these contests...except this one. Can I get a medal or something to help my little self esteem?

On 10/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, CJ Design said:

I'm just teasing

I know :bigsmile:

On 10/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, CJ Design said:

...feeling kinda awake this FriYay..after a grueling week of PT. BTW, I'm traditionally late on these contests...except this one. Can I get a medal or something to help my little self esteem?

Capture.PNG.2952a94f3f378ff805db0365d32689f0.PNG :D