• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2024 at 6:42 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just ripped it and saved a copy. 

Anything else you want?  Post the video.  I will rip.  I will make it available in a google drive or send via WeTransfer.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:42 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Comic Tom also tagged HR in many of his Instagram posts, which still exist. So much so that it makes me wonder if there was some sort of endorsement deal. 

I'm sure their was some return for Tom by endorsing him, of course.  Probably a sponsorship or services.

Not sure why anyone here would want to vilify Tom.  HR was a good, reputable business way back then.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:28 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I'm sure their was some return for Tom by endorsing him, of course.  Probably a sponsorship or services.

Not sure why anyone here would want to vilify Tom.  HR was a good, reputable business way back then.

I don’t think anyone said anything bad about Tom to vilify him. It’s just observational.  But looking back now I’m not sure if HR was ever reputable. If he (Mike) went bankrupt in 2020 and claimed he had no customer merchandise or less than $2000 worth, strange things have been going on with Mike that pre-date these endorsements. Also knowing what we know now they should be taken down. And really I agree with others, if CT did all of these videos highlighting his work it would have been nice to inform the community when things imploded with Mike and HR. Who knows Tom may have been screwed over by Mike as well. I hear the NJ employees of HR were. 

Looks like he was hit with Administrative Dissolution at the beginning of this year on his second LLC that he created post bankruptcy of the first one.

https://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=2353530&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_print=FALSE

Consequences of Administrative Action

1. A state agency's first step to obtain LLC compliance is a letter notifying the owners of the LLC of what action they must take. The letter will typically include a notice of a penalty for late compliance, such as a fine, and what further penalties can be administered if the LLC continues to fail to comply. The next level of penalties typically involves a suspension of the LLC's right to conduct business. This can expose the LLC owners to personal liability for any debts incurred by the LLC during the suspension. The maximum penalty is for the LLC to be administratively dissolved or terminated. This means that the LLC's right to conduct business is ended and the only action the LLC can lawfully take is to wind up its affairs, pay its remaining debts and distribute the remaining assets to the owners.

Edited by Tnexus

On 3/8/2024 at 10:52 PM, GaryHanson said:

I don’t think anyone said anything bad about Tom to vilify him. It’s just observational.  But looking back now I’m not sure if HR was ever reputable. If he (Mike) went bankrupt in 2020 and claimed he had no customer merchandise or less than $2000 worth, strange things have been going on with Mike that pre-date these endorsements. Also knowing what we know now they should be taken down. And really I agree with others, if CT did all of these videos highlighting his work it would have been nice to inform the community when things imploded with Mike and HR. Who knows Tom may have been screwed over by Mike as well. I hear the NJ employees of HR were. 

So you're saying some guy on YouTube should have known the private financials of Hero Restoration?

And if Tom was wanting books back you really think it was in his best interest to blast Mike on YouTube?

Yeah, no.

On 3/9/2024 at 7:07 AM, Sigur Ros said:

So you're saying some guy on YouTube should have known the private financials of Hero Restoration?

And if Tom was wanting books back you really think it was in his best interest to blast Mike on YouTube?

Yeah, no.

We’ll wait. No. I’m saying that there was a relationship between the business dealings of CT101 and HR. I’m sure when that ended there was a why? At the end. Finding out that HR went out of business for shady dealings should have prompted CT101 and others to “get the word out” as they often do in comic scandals. Since CT101 was so close to this I think it would have been more responsible if they took down the videos at a minimum. Tom may be “just some guy” on YouTube but CT101 is a business. 

Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/9/2024 at 8:32 AM, Stefan_W said:

I am the one who brought it up, and the only reason I did so was because I had a faint memory of Comic Tom endorsing HR in his videos. So I guess I am to blame for this direction in the discussion, but it was not done with malice or any intent to vilify Tom. 

When someone pointed out that those videos are still up and accessible it did make me scratch my head. Given all that happened since then I would think Tom would, at the very least, take those videos down. 

Agreed. I’m sure Tom was harmed in this whole mess as well. At least hearing about how many people were burned by Mike I have no doubt Tom is in that boat too. If this gets big as in a class action I hope he’d be an ally. I did not review all of the videos, but I’d imagine there is something in there that probably incriminates Mike and perhaps at a minimum proves he had a lot more in customer merchandise than $2000 and continued or even ramped up taking money and expensive comics post bankruptcy. I mean my book alone was worth $3000 when I sent it in back in to Ht back in October 2022. 

Edited by GaryHanson

At the very least, Comic Tom can do a current video acknowledging the fiasco with HR as I'm sure not everyone who saw the original videos is aware of what's happened as well as any new viewers that may see the old ones and seek Mike's services only to get burned too.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:29 PM, GaryHanson said:

OMG this rabbit hole... Skip to 6:28 if you so desire.

These guys did a very "safe" except on bringing this to light. I'm sure they don't want to get legally embroiled into it, but for the sake of the people suffering severe losses from the Hero Restoration meltdown - it'd be great to have a deep dive done on these threads that would be shown to a (theoretically) wider audience.