• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

I usually go to my local con thinking I would not do or get much.  I only collect original art and pretty much ignore everything else going on at a con (panels, vendors, celebrity signings).  Just in case though, I bring some cash and boy did I spend it!  Take a look at CAF for some of my haul!

1. Three Tom Grummet Animal Man pages

2. Three Lanna Sounvanny Marvel Origins covers (Hulk, Miles Morales Spiderman and Captain Marvel)

3. A Yanick Paquette Batman/Superman Cover

4. A Doug Wheatley Star Wars Dark Times cover

5. Last but not least I finally got the Brian Stelfreeze Scarlett from GI Joe that I have been after for years!

CAF Link to recent uploads

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Edited by malvin

On 2/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

DC??? You May be confused... there is a story if you care to read! lol

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1796720

infinity inc 25 pg 6 Mcfarlane and dezinga.jpg

Nice McFarlane! Glad it means so much, very NICE! :x 

Hi,

I am new to the hobby.  Always was a fan from childhood but now can kinda afford some stuff I have always wanted.  Quick question about artistschoice.com.  I have gotten no response from spencerbck@aol.com.  There is a bunch of stuff I would like, but there is no way to purchase other than emailing spencerbck@aol.com.  But I don't hear back.  Is this a site built 20 years ago and simply out of commission? 

Thank you!

On 3/1/2022 at 1:52 AM, Alex Keyfes said:

Hi,

I am new to the hobby.  Always was a fan from childhood but now can kinda afford some stuff I have always wanted.  Quick question about artistschoice.com.  I have gotten no response from spencerbck@aol.com.  There is a bunch of stuff I would like, but there is no way to purchase other than emailing spencerbck@aol.com.  But I don't hear back.  Is this a site built 20 years ago and simply out of commission? 

Thank you!

The inventory is not updated. I believe he is still in business. You may get a response in the next month. Most likely anything good has already been purchased.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:53 PM, Alex Keyfes said:

It is very frustrating.  I spent many, many hours on this website, seemingly for no reason.

Alex, welcome to the boards. OA is a great hobby. I hope you won't let this experience sour you on pursuing other opportunities to build a collection.

Comic art was always Spencer's side gig, so delays in response weren't uncommon. Still, he'd usually get back to people within a week. For the last year or so, he's gone silent. My last email is still waiting for a response after eight months.

Like Twanj said, almost all of the deals were plucked long ago. Spencer just fails to update the website. That's been the case for years. That doesn't mean that some of the artwork isn't out there, though. Reach out to the artist directly to see if a piece is available. After six months of waiting, I contacted one of the artists he reps and discovered that the artist kept most of his art (he'd ship it after Spencer notified him). From what I've heard, he isn't the only one. It's worth a try.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:39 AM, Mighty Hal said:

That doesn't mean that some of the artwork isn't out there, though.

Maybe somebody should scrape the site and send an e-mail asking about every single piece listed, one by one by one..?

And then re-send that e-mail once a week until..?

And share the content here, then we all can send that same e-mail too.

And then we can all re-send that e-mail once a week until..?

Just an :idea:

Yes Spencer site is outdated. And he been working making a newer site but been slow going. Also he recently been in and out of hospital due to car accident and some other medical reasons. So I would say just try emailing him back. He will get back to you.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:50 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Also he recently been in and out of hospital due to car accident and some other medical reasons.

That stinks. Spencer and his family and friends have my sympathy.

"Somebody" (he certainly has his "friends" here...) should throw up a simple banner at the top of every web page on his site though, just to level-set the expectations of those that browse by.