• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I have something of a Kickstarter problem. I received my latest - Impossible Jones and American A.N.G.E.L. - along with a watercolor of the lead. 
The tag line for the series is: A criminal gets powers and is mistaken for a superhero— and runs with it. 
Pretty good synopsis of this fun series. 
Enjoy. 
image.thumb.jpeg.061a52636aa6d0c93791431fb089ba8d.jpeg

On 3/18/2024 at 11:33 AM, malvin said:

Hi Folks,

I uploaded some Batman related art to my CAF:

1. A Kelley Jones Batman vs. Solomon Grundy Commissio

2. This one is odder. It's original art related to the Batman: The Animated Series. It's not from the comic book. It's not animation art. There isn't even Batman in it. But it's the art for the background buildings in the press kit they used to sell the show! The art is by Ted Blackman

Link to CAF Recent Uploads (since they are in different galleries)

Thanks for looking

Malvin

I just uploaded 2 more pieces:

1. Spawn Issue 75 page by Capullo and Miki

2. Jay Anacleto Power Girl Cover (AH! Homage)

CAF Link

Malvin

On 3/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, ThothAmon said:

Thinking the pastel might be Matt Baker (ignore the signature). 

IMG_1630.jpeg

Great Norem - was that the one on Ebay? It looks familiar.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:53 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Great Norem - was that the one on Ebay? It looks familiar.

Here’s  the one you’re talking about.  It looks a lot like mine. I’ve been watching that one on the bay for a long time but the ask was about 10x what I paid for mine now some time ago. 

IMG_1660.jpeg

After some minor hassle with the seller this page arrived:

Lady_Killer_4_p10_sm.jpg.e78edc0e4f6f4a76e43408ba2dc2860d.jpg

Page 10 from Lady Killer #4 which shows that Joëlle Jones knows her way around a 1958 Chevrolet Apache Fleetside pick-up and enjoys drawing cars just as much as she does vintage fashion. (I already owned the page that comes next.) Click on the picture for a larger scan in my CAF gallery.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The the third and last of Bill Galvan's hommages to John Severin's illustrations in Cracked!:

Archie_boardwalk_sm.jpg.8dc23e7224c26aa92fef8c64677c6366.jpg

35 characters enjoying a lazy day on the boardwalk. Special appearance by Harleen Frances Quinzel and her gang of Harleys. The size is a huge 24"x18".
Click on the picture for a larger scan in my CAF gallery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Shultz approached me with some roughs of unused cover ideas and wondered if I wanted him to finish any of them. I liked this one the best:

Shultz_unused_cover_sm.jpg.27aaf7bed946ea0e0aa64c008f76d9e2.jpg

For a cover there is quite a lot of activity going on here.
Click on the picture for a larger scan in my CAF gallery.

Edited by Caltex98

A relatively recent acquisition found at the bottom of a bag or so I was told. I currently have it under some very large bags to see if it will flatten and allow a better scan.

I don't own the comic, but I'll fix that shortly.

I do wonder if the OA survived somewhere. It dates to 1969 which is before art returns, but he seemed to get a lot of his art back.

Click image to enlarge.
image.thumb.jpeg.66f42de7a95bd5e1fc48da322e3b45d4.jpeg

On 4/2/2024 at 5:04 PM, ThothAmon said:

Here’s  the one you’re talking about.  It looks a lot like mine. I’ve been watching that one on the bay for a long time but the ask was about 10x what I paid for mine now some time ago. 

IMG_1660.jpeg

Gotcha - I see it is still on there - I'll have to rewatch.

On 4/8/2024 at 5:28 PM, camd said:

Thrilled to add this Age of Apocalypse omnibus and poster art by Billy Tan

Being mainly an 80s to mid 90s Xmen reader, AoA was definitely one of my favorite arcs

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=2009344

MtZaiJ8f_0504242327091sbpi.jpg

2paEJPBE_0504242251061gpaiadd.jpg

99IRy0jO_0504242250281gpaiadd.jpeg

That's a stunner and quite cool you have all the great elements of AoA on one piece!