• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

A new addition to my comic strip collection and like many others, it is kid centered. In this case, it's Russell (Red) McLean and his dog Rover. Rover was a stray who saved Red's life by pulling him from an on-coming car. They have been tight ever since. It's written and drawn by Brian Basset.

Terrific strip in my opinion. Hope you enjoy this example. You can see the color guide and the published form on the link.

Click the image to learn more.
image.thumb.jpeg.3d84515a512e5227882575300796ddec.jpeg

I finally got the rest of the pages up that I was able to get from Sean Phillips.  There's a lot of them, so if you want to see them all follow the link.  Below are a couple of my favorites.

All from The Invisibles, Volume 3, by Sean Phillips and Jay Stephens.  15 pages in total!  It's not easy to find a group of pages like this anymore.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?gcat=53881&pm=1&PI=18&days=30

image.thumb.jpeg.d51674fd00a80911bd6e5fe2363da704.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb27b5eb9ec3f4db67d06970777149b5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8c4ff9d69dbb0d6f7b6d1cad9ed4e52f.jpeg

Hi Folks,

I got in a few great pieces recently and I've just posted them:

1. Alex Maleev Ultimate Origins Cover with Professor X and Magneto

2. Steve McNiven New Avengers DPS with Wolverine and Captain America

3. Jim Cheung Spider-man commission

Link to recent CAF uploads

As a teaser for my Comicartlive (CAL) booth, these 3 acquisitions pushed out existing pieces so I'll have pieces by Maleev, McNiven and Cheung in my CAL gallery, so check it out Saturday and Sunday!

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Just unboxed this neat Razor piece from 1992 - it’s a very early Razor appearance from issue #1 (page 14) with trademark over-the-top Bad Girl violence. I’ve been looking for an early Everette Hartsoe piece that had great visual dynamic for probably 15 years. Very excited about adding this piece while I continue to look for even earlier pages!

razor1page14frontbyeverettehartsoefrom1992.thumb.jpeg.659ec0440b2719e135c0ba9d2ead3de5.jpeg

On 11/26/2023 at 9:10 PM, ExNihilo said:

Picked these up from SF Fan Expo this weekend.

Marc Silvestri pre-con sketch.  He had about half a dozen to choose from including Mr. Sinister, Wolverine, Beast, and some others.  Unfortunately, he wasn't doing sketches at the expo and only accepted remarque requests.  No matter, I love the eyes and hair on his 80s Storm.

IMG_0396.thumb.jpg.6c1d7a6ad1a0bcb4cc501bb150f29446.jpg

That is a banger of a sketch - I love it!