• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

This was just a fun page from Marvel's Chamber of Chills #5 (1973) and the reader can figure out what's going on from first panel to last. I love pages like that. It also carries a bonus attribute of that I sent an offer to the seller to buy it outright, but he thought it was going to go for more on auction - so I ended up getting it for $50 less than my offer, as I was the only bidder. So... :banana:

IMG_5181.JPG

I got in the original art page from 1981’s ROM Issue #19 Page 11 by Sal Buscema:

IMG_7137.jpeg

As it appears in print:

IMG_6699.jpeg

I’ve been looking to add a ROM page as well as a Sal Buscema so this page fits both needs nicely.  And despite that this particular page has my biggest dislike of a signed page (in the middle of the page instead of the outside borders), it has nice images of ROM as well the Dire Wraiths (and their monstrous creations).

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

Vampire Girls: California 1969 #1 Cover from 1996 by Jack Jadson from Angel Entertainment

Vampires in bikinis, rubbing oil on each other in bright sunlight. The year is 1969, so why wouldn't they be wearing modern-day thongs and spandex and rocking trendy 90's haircuts? Don't get me wrong, I love this cover. It's just jam-packed with all the benchmarks for producing a indy "bad girl" comic in 1996. I'm pretty sure I overpaid for this piece, and that's ok. What I lose on it's future sale, I will make up in the years of having sheer 90's awesomeness on my wall. :headbang:

IMG_5344.JPG

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 10/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, fenip said:

I think this is the best that I have seen by Jeremy and I've seen some great pieces. Congrats!

Some things just make one happy. Here's one of mine.

Jim Shooter driving a pencil to give me a commission!

Most of this audience knows who he is, but I will share a bit of his history. He's been an entrepreneur starting two three comic publishers, a publisher, an editor, a writer, and a layout artist. More than that he's worked in the industry since he submitted his first script at 13 years old - sixty years ago. He's still active as a creator and is now on the con circuit which is how I got him to draw this.

Thanks, Jim. You've (once again) made me very happy. Keep it up!

Click image for a bigger picture.
E61A47E4-0417-4D06-8CED-91BEC09C68C7.thumb.jpeg.584baf2e136bb09bebea5cc5a890f271.jpeg
Edited by alxjhnsn

Been trying to get in touch with Sean Philips for nearly a decade to ask about any Invisibles art he had left.  Finally was able to get him via instagram and was able to get a few pages from him.

Here's the 1st one.  An awesome page that i'm just smitten with the layout of, where Edith is dying and remembering her life with Barbelith in the background of the flashback.

https://cafurl.com?i=29611

image.thumb.jpeg.a5cbb824c734e8ed151e9d4fa39609d2.jpeg

Go pig or go home - my newest cover from the most recent Spectacular Spider-Ham series, it is the cover to issue 1 by Will Robson.

The cover was done completely digitally but my buddy asked if he would also create a traditional recreation of the cover, to which he agreed. Thank you to my buddy Vik to get me this for my birthday.

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryPiece.asp?Piece=1965187&GSub=0&GCat=3018&UCat=3018

IMG_0337.thumb.jpeg.c6287191749efa723425af2c06014f48.jpeg