• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which one would you choose, and why ???

937 posts in this topic

I'd go with the ASM #1, because the 'Tec 27 is in such poor condition.

Sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. Hopefully in better times you'll pick up the hobby again and continue the Obadiah Oldbuck crusade.

Silver age mega key in 9.4 or low grade "holy grail" type book? Gotta go with the ASM #1 9.4. I'm a lifelong Spidey fan + also condition, condition,condition. Now if it were between say an ASM #1 9.6 + the equivalent value Tec 27 in say 5.0 +, then I'd probably go with the Tec. Better looking copy that I could live with + not a 100K beater!! :sick::o:ohnoez:

BTW, so sorry to hear about your financial situation. Was wondering why you weren't posting. You will be missed :sorry:

I'd go with the ASM #1, because the 'Tec 27 is in such poor condition.

Sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. Hopefully in better times you'll pick up the hobby again and continue the Obadiah Oldbuck crusade.

I'm with Beau on this one Steve. I mean it is a 9.4 ASM #1. I'm a dyed in the wool Batman fanatic, but a 1.5 vs. a 9.4?

I hope you remain in the hobby Steve. The market has killed me this year in terms of collecting, but I just re-focused into comics I can afford. The great thing about this hobby is that there is so much cool stuff to choose from. I prefer GA Key books, but can't afford them right now, so I've been collecting Bronze, Silver, Moderns, whatever strikes my fancy and is cheap.

Economy will rebound one day and I'll be back in the Batman #1 game.

Hopefully you'll bounce back too :wishluck:

....both sold in April of 2004 for $60,375. Which one would you choose, and why ???

( and please feel free to post some other comparisons as well! )

I'm a Marvel guy and a history buff. So since its creation is a historic political one - Steve Rogers gets my vote. (thumbs u

It is just such a CLASSIC cover too!

Silver age mega key in 9.4 or low grade "holy grail" type book? Gotta go with the ASM #1 9.4. I'm a lifelong Spidey fan + also condition, condition,condition. Now if it were between say an ASM #1 9.6 + the equivalent value Tec 27 in say 5.0 +, then I'd probably go with the Tec. Better looking copy that I could live with + not a 100K beater!! :sick::o:ohnoez:

BTW, so sorry to hear about your financial situation. Was wondering why you weren't posting. You will be missed :sorry:

+1

Best Wishes to you.

I agree here.

But on another note, I am very sorry to hear about the situation. But still stop in and talk shop. It may cost money to purchase high grade comics, but the friends you have on the boards are priceless! They are all Gem Mint! Well most of them anyways! lol Take a breather and come back, have have a cup of joe and chat with the fine people here. That's one of the best investments I ever made.

I agree here.

But on another note, I am very sorry to hear about the situation. But still stop in and talk shop. It may cost money to purchase high grade comics, but the friends you have on the boards are priceless! They are all Gem Mint! Well most of them anyways! lol Take a breather and come back, have have a cup of joe and chat with the fine people here. That's one of the best investments I ever made.

ASM #1 my choice..for the same reasons as stated by everyone else... :cool:

I also am sorry to hear about your situation. :( I think a lot of us are hurting to a certain degree right now...but some more than others (like yourself). But coming here and chatting with us is free...and your insight on comic matters would always be appreciated here, so even though you are getting out...it would be nice just to drop by once in a while.

Best of Luck...hopefully you will rebound soon. :wishluck:

I'm amazed at the responses...I'd understand better if it was AF 15 but ASM #1 is a relative yawn in my opinion...Granted, both characters are 2 of the most popular characters ever created but a Silver Age 2nd appearance that can easily be obtained in nearly any grade versus a Golden Age 1st appearance that most people will never be able to afford even in low grades? The display value is even good on the Tec, looks like it shows much better than a typical CGC 1.5.

I'd leap in with both feet on the Tec and would never even consider that kind of money on an ASM 1...assuming I had that kind of money available in the first place...

I'm amazed at the responses...I'd understand better if it was AF 15 but ASM #1 is a relative yawn in my opinion...Granted, both characters are 2 of the most popular characters ever created but a Silver Age 2nd appearance that can easily be obtained in nearly any grade versus a Golden Age 1st appearance that most people will never be able to afford even in low grades? The display value is even good on the Tec, looks like it shows much better than a typical CGC 1.5.

I'd leap in with both feet on the Tec and would never even consider that kind of money on an ASM 1...assuming I had that kind of money available in the first place...

Agreed, 100%!

I agree as well, give me the Tec anyday, everyday. I think collectors see "9.4" on a SA key and lose all common sense.

As big a fan as I am of Spidey... and I am. Very. Very. Big. Fan.

But I'd have to go with the Tec 27. I mean, sure, it is TECHNICALLY a 1.5 FR/GD but admit it--if any of you didn't know the cover was detached and split, having just looked at that scan (minus the grade), you'd have scored this book much higher than the actual grade. This type of book is my bread and butter for grails and keys.

Further, do a search and you'll find me on the forefront defending ASM #1's place amongst the highest tier of SA Marvel Keys. :sumo: However, the level of its significance pales to that of Tec 27. Heck! As crazy as I am about my AF 15 (and I am. Very. Very. Crazy.), I also know that it is still runner up to the Big Two: Supes and Bats.

So, brand me heretic or Benedict Arnold to my beloved Spidey, but I'd have to go with the Tec 27 7 days of the week. :sorry:

And Steve... :foryou: As mentioned before, even if you're not collecting, you're always welcome to come and chat with friends.

My final post --- thought it would be fitting in this thread ( afterall, the OO vs. Supes thread has been locked for about 2 years :whistle: )

the subprime mortgage meltdown that started in February of 2007 has continued to take its toll on me, as up until that date, I was one of the top subprime loan officers in the US (literally).

Now, all comics have been sold as of this month, and I can and will be buying nothing. So........know that I am "out of the hobby" ( and not by choice :gossip: ),

I offer you this final 'which one would you choose?'

Both sold for approx. $83,000 in 2009..............

Which one would you choose, and why????

(notes on the Tec 27 --- cover detached and completely split)

tec #27 so fast the book would have scorch marks. It's the better book by miles.

Sorry to hear about your troubles... :(