• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,917 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Ricky and I'm a Pisces

I love computers and hot tamales

Hi all

Long time comic reader, although I stopped for a while when I realised how much fun girls can be and how little they like comics, back reading again now and loving lots of the new stuff. Based in the UK which is a pain for collecting. Hoping to find some new info and catch up on things ive missed.

Greetings and welcome to the Boards :hi:

You will find quite a few Brits loitering on here who can help if you're looking for books etc.

Are you going to the LSCC?

The Ladies Scottish Climbing Club... Oh you mean London super comic con. No Im not able to make it. Wish I was, Im really tempted to just get it booked and blow off what I need to do. Will you be there? Ive already talked with gaz973 who is a stand up bloke. Im up in Scotland which makes things harder.

Glad to be involved.

Hi. I'm new. I'm a cowboy that likes fancy wordin' and merrican' women. I think many dogs make better people than many people.

SO howdy to ya a'll

Who the hell doesn't love 'Merrican women?

WTTB

Hi! I'm new to the boards and also to collecting books. I am proud of my complete runs of Ralph Snart and Groo the Wanderer books, however after meeting a few of you guys in person over the past year or so I think I need to expand my tastes a bit.

I'll post my small but humble collection of books and art later this evening for you all to take a gander at but first here are a few pieces of original art that just came back this week from my framer. They come from an amazing artist named Christian Slade, who's also a really cool dude in person. The first two pieces are just the art boards he used to dab his brushes in and doodle on randomly while creating his real sketches which were taped to the top of them. One man's garbage is another's treasure I guess, and I am proud to hang these on my wall. The other two pieces are concept sketches of a cowboy with his pretty blonde chick and an onslaught of evil alien spiders coming to Earth from their UFOs. It's a great story and is really amazing creative stuff. He's prob a member of this board so I wont brag too much about him, but check out his children's series called Korgi - a really cool silent book that is a great read for all ages. Also, if you look really hard you can see me in the reflection on these pics if that tickles your fancy. It's cool.

slade1.jpg

slade5.jpg

slade3.jpg

slade2.jpg

It's been good knowing the few of you I've already met and I'm looking forwards to meeting some more of ya.

Cheers!

wtbvcjmoctt (jeremy e.)

Welcome Jeremy!

Great seeing those things framed up. Who would of thought they would ever get that much love? Thanks for posting those.

Amazing. Glad to see you here. This place is killer. Spend a year or two on here and you should receive a degree in collecting. My time here has been a huge education about the hobby and what's out there.

Enjoy and Happy Collecting!

Christian Slade

Welcome to the boards - very cool scrap palette pieces, I like that idea!

Thanks Balls!

I was at a comic meetup last weekend and two guys traded business cards before me. You had designed both logos. Very cool and great work!

I didn't even know we had a Welcome to the boards thread.

This place has more layers than the worlds largest onion.

Hey Christian.

Good to see you here. My framer is by my office, so I have them sitting in here and my coworkers want to buy all your sketchbooks now haha. These came out great.

As for spending a year or two here? Come on now, I've spent an hour or two and already have 20 new items on my eBay watch list :o

Hey Christian.

Good to see you here. My framer is by my office, so I have them sitting in here and my coworkers want to buy all your sketchbooks now haha. These came out great.

As for spending a year or two here? Come on now, I've spent an hour or two and already have 20 new items on my eBay watch list :o

Welcome to the Boards buddy it was nice hanging out this past weekend

Hi! I'm new to the boards and also to collecting books. I am proud of my complete runs of Ralph Snart and Groo the Wanderer books, however after meeting a few of you guys in person over the past year or so I think I need to expand my tastes a bit.

I'll post my small but humble collection of books and art later this evening for you all to take a gander at but first here are a few pieces of original art that just came back this week from my framer. They come from an amazing artist named Christian Slade, who's also a really cool dude in person. The first two pieces are just the art boards he used to dab his brushes in and doodle on randomly while creating his real sketches which were taped to the top of them. One man's garbage is another's treasure I guess, and I am proud to hang these on my wall. The other two pieces are concept sketches of a cowboy with his pretty blonde chick and an onslaught of evil alien spiders coming to Earth from their UFOs. It's a great story and is really amazing creative stuff. He's prob a member of this board so I wont brag too much about him, but check out his children's series called Korgi - a really cool silent book that is a great read for all ages. Also, if you look really hard you can see me in the reflection on these pics if that tickles your fancy. It's cool.

slade1.jpg

slade5.jpg

slade3.jpg

slade2.jpg

It's been good knowing the few of you I've already met and I'm looking forwards to meeting some more of ya.

Cheers!

wtbvcjmoctt (jeremy e.)

WTTB the boards Jeremy. It was great seeing you and Josh last Saturday!

Welcome to the boards - very cool scrap palette pieces, I like that idea!

Thanks Balls!

I was at a comic meetup last weekend and two guys traded business cards before me. You had designed both logos. Very cool and great work!

I didn't even know we had a Welcome to the boards thread.

This place has more layers than the worlds largest onion.

Thank you, kind sir! I know - this place is just awesome. I'm pretty far removed (distance-wise) from gaggles of comic collectors, so having an online community really is great. And you are absolutely right - a couple years here and you will have more collecting knowledge than you thought you could cram into your noggin'.

Hey everyone, new member here. Been collecting comics on and off for 30 years now. Getting back into it now but feel I have 'matured' as a collector. Always been a Marvel guy and am now focusing on key issues from 70s and 80s. I must say I am blown away by some of the collections from board members here. Wow. Anyway see y'all around!

Hey everyone, new member here. Been collecting comics on and off for 30 years now. Getting back into it now but feel I have 'matured' as a collector. Always been a Marvel guy and am now focusing on key issues from 70s and 80s. I must say I am blown away by some of the collections from board members here. Wow. Anyway see y'all around!

Welcome. Can ALWAYS use more Marvel guys! :headbang: