• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,137 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, MetalPSI said:

I've had the same thing happen and just sucked it up and said, no more

Rather than fix it, it would be nice if CGC would just pay out a flat  shipping/slabbing cost refund.  That way you could just crack the book out,  rather than throw it back in the fire.

• Administrator
On 11/15/2022 at 4:40 PM, thehumantorch said:

Does CGC have any comment on how this damage happened and what they will do to prevent damage like this in the future?

We are not sure how the damage occurred.  

Experts? Maybe not as a comic grading company, but experts at knowing what to say and what not to say.

C'mon ... does anyone truly believe that these guys don't know where/how ANY of this stuff happens? This SS, shards, smudges, etc, etc. The list goes on and on ... for years! How many times has CGC said, "Yeah, this is what happened."?

You know what they say instead? "Sorry 'bout that. Here's a label. Just send it back and sit around awhile while we find time to fix OUR screwup."

Disgusting.

Not to distract from what people are rightly criticizing them for on this and I realize they process thousands of books, but it is absolutely insane to me that they just *lose* people's items/submissions.  I would love to know what PSA's lost item rate is, considering they probably do double the volume.

Edited by Miguelb

On 11/15/2022 at 8:50 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hard to prevent it if you don't know how it happened.

There's nothing that happens that hasn't happened before. 

They 100% know how it happened. 

They can't say though, because that would give customers and haters a specific target of vitriol.  That's why the "official statement" is to feign ignorance.

CCS already has a bad enough reputation based on quality of work.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:26 PM, Iceman399 said:

Almost like this is the first custom label they've done where the hologram covers the stupid custom label lol

received_809531276794767.jpeg

I figured someone would've mentioned this. Honestly this took me by surprise seeing as how they already butchered the FF label before the correction. I didn't think they could flub it again. 

Screenshot_20221117-212517_Instagram.jpg.6b77f891d3907f4c484e275e1f28e9f0.jpg

Oh well....I shall send mine back if and when they decide to correct this latest label fail.