• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2022 at 6:10 PM, buttock said:

To be fair, CGC did their job on this book.  It was CCS that botched it.  CGC took the book that was handed to them and graded it.  It's not really a QC issue with them.  I would be lighting up Matt's phone on this one.  

Aren't they all part of the same parent company? 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, buttock said:

To be fair, CGC did their job on this book.  It was CCS that botched it.  CGC took the book that was handed to them and graded it.  It's not really a QC issue with them.  I would be lighting up Matt's phone on this one.  

Wonder why they offered to buy it?

On 11/15/2022 at 9:13 AM, mattn792 said:

Wait, your OK with this outcome?  They viciously mar your book and hope you won't notice, and you're fine with CGC not only giving you the book's new lesser value, but also in a credit that you can only spend with them?

Or did I misread something?

CDADA882-C45A-405A-88C6-377CB078738C.gif.b50f98bc70a244e7f1502a38ba59dffa.gif

On 11/14/2022 at 12:58 PM, pmWolf said:
On 11/11/2022 at 7:19 AM, pmWolf said:

Here's what I sent in:

SS3.thumb.jpeg.b483d0415b3b3da9217d5d0f2c3c345c.jpeg

And here is how it was returned:

SS3-4.5.thumb.jpg.bc5705d0d29e184faea2c73bff95372c.jpg

I have NO IDEA what happened, but I'm pretty dang upset. Let's just say that I was expecting it to be better than a a tape-pulled mess of a 4.5. 

Where do I even go from here??

Expand  

For anyone looking for closure on this one: Once I send the book back to them, they are crediting my account at roughly the value of what the last 4.5 sold for on GPA.

So the final result on multi-hundred dollar damage to a book is CGC buys the book, pays you the now lowered value of the book, and does this all in store credit?

On 11/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, manetteska said:

So the final result on multi-hundred dollar damage to a book is CGC buys the book, pays you the now lowered value of the book, and does this all in store credit?

They should have just lost the book, then they'd owe nothing.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:13 AM, mattn792 said:

Wait, your OK with this outcome?  They viciously mar your book and hope you won't notice, and you're fine with CGC not only giving you the book's new lesser value, but also in a credit that you can only spend with them?

Or did I misread something?

I'm definitely not saying that I'm okay with the outcome, or proposed solution. 

My options appear to be extremely limited, though...

On 11/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, manetteska said:

That was the impressive part to me, too. I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll end up profiting off of this.

On 11/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, pmWolf said:
On 11/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, manetteska said:

That was the impressive part to me, too. I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll end up profiting off of this.

What a grift!

I sure hope that isn't CGC's response for the books UPS lost (and CGC should have insured)... though I'm not feeling too good right about now. When USPS loses a book I send out I pay the buyer immediately...

On 11/15/2022 at 9:22 AM, pmWolf said:

Worst case scenario it's neutral as they are essentially just "buying" the book from you which they can then sell for the same amount.