• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2022 at 1:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I contacted customer service. Sent them my photos. They approved the ME, then just sent me a link to the online submission form.  Which of course is useless being Canadian. Sent another message to Erika D explaining that she just put me in a loop to nowhere, and I’ve yet to hear back.

Darn Canadians.  :)   Oh, can't forgot the obligatory "sorry".

On 12/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, ak47po said:

It’s a Todd SS with a wrong label that i was assured it would corrected “AFTER” the signing and grading.:facepalm:

On a scale from 1 to 10, how surprised should CGC customers be that this happened?

"Rest assured..."

• Administrator
On 12/15/2022 at 4:50 PM, ak47po said:

This will be “corrected “ after grading is what support told me for my Todd signing. Well, that didn’t happen, so it’s on it’s way to me with the wrong label just to be sent right back for a M.E.

I am still looking into preventing this from happening again.  

@CGC Mike

Do you get it?  Because I sure don’t.  ???

“This is a signature series not a Qualified book, CGC was at the show and knew John Byrne was signing and his wish was not to have books witnessed, so the book is a Signature Series without a Byrne witnessed but not a Qualified series book. Get it? “

2727462F-73AF-48E3-8C98-487E5B2CE0DC.jpeg.06fe2880770c70730b90e2c9e3d944be.jpeg2F9BD356-7739-4DC2-AE2D-843B2C8FA168.jpeg.25371e2a6c59ca067d9cb93f2f908e67.jpeg

• Administrator
On 12/20/2022 at 6:49 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

@CGC Mike

Do you get it?  Because I sure don’t.  ???

“This is a signature series not a Qualified book, CGC was at the show and knew John Byrne was signing and his wish was not to have books witnessed, so the book is a Signature Series without a Byrne witnessed but not a Qualified series book. Get it? “

Is this your book?

• Administrator
On 12/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

No.  It’s on EBay.   I’m trying to figure out why CGC ignored the unwitnessed signature, and gave this a 9.6 yellow label.    I assume another QC error?

Is that a John Byrne and a William Shatner sig?  If so, I am guessing just the Shatner sig was witnessed, and noted on the label.  

On 12/20/2022 at 8:40 PM, CGC Mike said:

Is that a John Byrne and a William Shatner sig?  If so, I am guessing just the Shatner sig was witnessed, and noted on the label.  

Right

BUT, it’s a 9.6

With an unwitnessed Byrne sig on it 

• Administrator
On 12/20/2022 at 8:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Right

BUT, it’s a 9.6

With an unwitnessed Byrne sig on it ss for the 

I believe it should have been a yellow/green label.  Qualified for the unwitnessed sig, and yellow SS for the witnessed, Shatner sig.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am still looking into preventing this from happening again.  

@CGC Mike I am in the middle of an issue like this as well except with the Jurgens signing (I have sent you a message with details).  Book not identified as THIRD PRINTING.  Sent email as soon as it was logged in incorrectly... called customer service next morning... Kim sends message to Graders but also said that the 'Graders are real smart, smarter than the receiving guys anyways, and will catch it'... not fixed... went to QC today and still not fixed... called customer service again.

Here's the good part!  Becky starts trying to tell me about this particular book, that if I checked eBay that none of them are identified as third printing... that's because THERE ARE NO THIRD PRINTINGS ON EBAY!  I finally lose my cool, hang up.  Call back after I chill a bit and speak with Rachel who actually seemed like she wanted to help... she put a hold on the book which was now in shipping so they could check it.  Will see how this turns out.  Wish someone cared last week!  Now, even if it is fixed how much of an additional delay do I get to enjoy?

All the way through I kept reiterating that I'm 1) trying to save the company money due to ME, and 2) save myself the trouble of a ME, which wastes my time.

BTW - In addition to the indicia this book has a big Roman Numeral III on the cover and a DC Universe Logo!  SUPER easy to identify as THIRD PRINTING!  Not to mention it was cracked and Graded once already.  Meanwhile CGC claims to have identified all books from multi-packs, etc! 

@CGC Mike Hey Mike, I'm in a situation and I'm not sure what to do.

I just received a shipment of 25 modern books back from CGC. There were some small issues that I can live with
- ~10 books with loose inner wells
- a Canadian Price Variant that received a newsstand notation (I'm not sure if CGC still denotes CPV)
- some newton rings

Some books were damaged and at least one is severe and maybe all are 'unfix-able'.

Here are some photos of books in question:

Amazing Spider-Man #346
Amazing Spider-Man #240
Amazing Spider-Man #191

Thank you for your time!

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

error_1.jpg

error_2.jpg

error_3.jpg

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

bottom_squeeze_1.jpg

bottom_squeeze_2.jpg

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

crunched_corner.jpg

Shocker more customers that have filled out invoices and someone who clearly doesn't know differences in comic books is changing their invoices. 

@CGC Mike maybe suggest an auditing SYSTEM. 

If cgc employee #1 keeps changing invoice and books printings/cpv/newstands/variants and those ones keep coming back for ME. Might be a good way to catch who's ducking stuff up causing much $ to cgcs bottom lines. 

On 12/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, WilliamLunt said:

@CGC Mike Hey Mike, I'm in a situation and I'm not sure what to do.

I just received a shipment of 25 modern books back from CGC. There were some small issues that I can live with
- ~10 books with loose inner wells
- a Canadian Price Variant that received a newsstand notation (I'm not sure if CGC still denotes CPV)
- some newton rings

Some books were damaged and at least one is severe and maybe all are 'unfix-able'.

Here are some photos of books in question:

Amazing Spider-Man #346
Amazing Spider-Man #240
Amazing Spider-Man #191

Thank you for your time!

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

error_1.jpg

error_2.jpg

error_3.jpg

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

bottom_squeeze_1.jpg

bottom_squeeze_2.jpg

fc_slab.jpg

bc_slab.jpg

crunched_corner.jpg

:facepalm:

On 12/21/2022 at 10:03 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

Not sure if this is the appropriate area, but I have seen a few complaints online about how graders handle books.

Latest one...Post from FB Complaints and Comics Canada Group.

Just not a good look...

Screenshot_20221221_095800_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221221_095820_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221221_095839_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221221_095844_Facebook.jpg

I have a feeling Matt Nelson knows how to handle a comic book. I'm also in that group and nothing in the video is offensive.