• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Incorrect Superman #7 on label.

I can forgive the QC people for that one. I assume the prominent '7' indicates the place in a story arc?

On 12/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, AJD said:

I can forgive the QC people for that one. I assume the prominent '7' indicates the place in a story arc?

Yeah, the "triangle numbers" basically gave you the reading order for each calendar year for Action Comics, Superman, The Man of Steel, and other Superman-centric issues.  That's also why there's a "1998" in addition to the "Feb 98" release date.  Pretty good idea and lasted for several years, but took a lot of editorial oversight.

On 12/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, Sigur Ros said:

9.8 slab for sale...

Screenshot_20221213_081114_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221213_081101_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221213_081527_Instagram~2.jpg

It even said fragile.

How does something like that even happen with Registered Mail? Supposedly under lock and key the whole way with each person to handle it signing it out. Not so much a CGC error as a USPS error but I feel your pain! :cry:

Edited by Badger

On 12/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, Badger said:

How does something like that even happen with Registered Mail? Supposedly under lock and key the whole way with each person to handle it signing it out. Not so much a CGC error as a USPS error but I feel your pain! :cry:

Actually not mine.  Just a post I saw today.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, Badger said:

That's of course what I noticed, but dang! "registered! Guaranteed to go up side somebodies head!"

Argh!

On 12/13/2022 at 6:07 AM, Badger said:

What I want to know is how this did not go to a PO Box.