• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2023 at 9:34 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Pics?

Already sent them back out, was just wrong variant labels (i.e. Edition A, Edition B). They'd somehow labeled books "Edition V", when there weren't even that many covers made.

What was the most concerning is all of them had a 1-2inch crack down the left side of the slab in the same place. Wasn't caused by shipping.

Edited by Le Chat Noir

On 4/7/2023 at 10:56 AM, Gonzimodo said:

Hmmm, perhaps the strategy of not correcting these issues in-house and just letting unsatisfied customers return them to (hopefully) be fixed isn't the best way to go after all, CGC...  hm

I won't submit anything until it's clear that CGC has fixed all these ridiculous QC issues and actually delivers the product they promise.  No scratches, no debris, no Newton rings, no upside-down labels - you know, just a properly graded comic in a "state-of-the-art" holder with "superior optics" that provides "the best in display and preservation."  The garbage they've been letting out the doors lately is anything but.

These two statements are 100% true/accurate and I agree with them wholeheartedly. Incompetent employees or management decisions ... which one contributes more towards this era of bad/no QC by CGC?

Next month will be the 1 year anniversary of the QC savior they hired last year. Doesn't appear that CGC got their money's worth.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:10 AM, Gaard said:

Keep us posted.

Got my box of 25 1970's comic books back today.... Although CGC does not get 100% regarding any issues, none are worth sending back for the longer and longer wait to be corrected. A few had some minor spots and a few more had minor Newton's rings that would send a any stickler for perfection to the ME (if not the ER). For me, a sigh of relief.

On 4/8/2023 at 11:45 AM, batmiesta said:

Can someone please tell me why this is a 8.0? I have 9.6s that don't look this good, this is not a 8.0, really deliberating about ever sending anymore books in, WTF is going on at CGC? 

20230408_164025.jpg

20230408_164058.jpg

Let me guess no Grader notes...

On 4/8/2023 at 8:45 AM, batmiesta said:

Can someone please tell me why this is a 8.0? I have 9.6s that don't look this good, this is not a 8.0, really deliberating about ever sending anymore books in, WTF is going on at CGC? 

20230408_164025.jpg

20230408_164058.jpg

I would have to see the whole book in person, but first thing I can see is sizeable color breaking crease right about where I am typing on the back cover.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 4/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I would have to see the whole book in person, but first thing I can see is sizeable color breaking crease right about where I am typing on the back cover.

I see what you mean, but you can't actually see it in hand, but would that even knock it down to a 8.0? Had a 12 book sub back, most of them from the Livonia collection that I have subbed in the past and all came back 9.8 to 9.6, I had 1 9.8 and the rest were 9.4 down, I wouldn't send in a book that I thought was a 8.0, I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but I do have to question some of these grades, very disappointed and question whether it is worth submitting again. 

On 4/8/2023 at 10:13 AM, batmiesta said:

I see what you mean, but you can't actually see it in hand, but would that even knock it down to a 8.0? Had a 12 book sub back, most of them from the Livonia collection that I have subbed in the past and all came back 9.8 to 9.6, I had 1 9.8 and the rest were 9.4 down, I wouldn't send in a book that I thought was a 8.0, I know this is going to sound like sour grapes, but I do have to question some of these grades, very disappointed and question whether it is worth submitting again. 

I never had a book since 2002 I sent in that I thought was a 9.6 and it came back a 8.0 and I was right.

I usually submit 2000 books per year.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 4/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, TegrityComics said:

Let me guess no Grader notes...

Surprisingly there are some, but still can't see them. 

Grader Notes:
very small crease left top of back cover
very small crease right bottom of back cover