• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$84K for an FF 52?!?

538 posts in this topic

If this is the case, then I feel sorry for the buyer who ended up paying $90K for the Curator copy of this book. Especially when it did not appear to be quite as sharp as this particular copy IMO. :tonofbricks:

Wonder if it is possible that the initial buyer for this book might have been the owner of the Curator copy then. Nah, that would be way too devious. hm

Question is, is a 9.8 still worth that amount?

i don't think it was ever worth that amount...

+1

Oh yeah I thought it was not even worth close to that amount. I'd think half of that tops. But because there was what 2 or 3 sales roughly at that amount thought it's the "new" price value

Not sure I would reach that conclusion. It's been 3+ months since the sale.

And new venue too. Heritage then, ComicLink now...

It's a Marvel, dude! MARVEL!!!

And it's from the mid-1960s, which we know is an era that's notorious for being virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find ultra-high grade copies!

Of course it was worth it!!!

If this is the case, then I feel sorry for the buyer who ended up paying $90K for the Curator copy of this book

Why would you feel sorry for him? He got the comic which was to him worth the $84,000.

(shrug)

It's a Marvel, dude! MARVEL!!!

And it's from the mid-1960s, which we know is an era that's notorious for being virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find ultra-high grade copies!

Of course it was worth it!!!

That plus a Hollywood movie tie-in! Mmmmm, I can already smell the popcorn.

:popcorn:

If this is the case, then I feel sorry for the buyer who ended up paying $90K for the Curator copy of this book

Why would you feel sorry for him? He got the comic which was to him worth the $84,000.

(shrug)

Well, if the initial $84K sale did not end up going through, then it might have sold successfully for say only $54K. With the highest graded copy benchmark now set at only $54K, then the Curator copy might have only sold at a much more reasonable $60K which is a far cry from the $90K which he ended up having to pay. hm

Really, who's to say in the end. (shrug)

Why take a $10K bath so soon after a huge purchase? It'd have to be an extremely urgent need for immediate cash; otherwise, he'd list at his buy price plus enough extra to cover the consignment fees. It's possible he's decided very quickly to take a loss, but the more likely scenario is that the transaction never completed.

And new venue too. Heritage then, ComicLink now...

He may have assumed Heritage would net him a higher total, but seeing that someone got more on ComicLink, trying that venue makes sense. Particularly given that it's so easy to list there and the commission is lower.

I'm very curious to see what happens with the new listing. I would guess - and it's just a guess - that the underbidder for the Heritage book ended up with the Curator copy from ComicLink. Are there three collectors who are willing to enter that stratosphere for this book?

I'm going with only 2.

:acclaim:

Tonight's ComicLink copy closed at 61K

RAD8EE1C201682_175726.jpg

I'm very curious to see what happens with the new listing. I would guess - and it's just a guess - that the underbidder for the Heritage book ended up with the Curator copy from ComicLink. Are there three collectors who are willing to enter that stratosphere for this book?

I'm going with only 2.

thus endeth the lesson

I'm going with only 2.

thus endeth the lesson

Don't collect Marvel ? (shrug)

I'm going with only 2.

thus endeth the lesson

Holy Jesus! :o

I'm going with only 2.

thus endeth the lesson

Holy Jesus! :o

Still a strong price. It's a "1966" book.