• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,168 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, Raze said:

Had this delivered to me today. Bought it off ebay, shipped first class. I notified the seller have not heard back yet.

Its not an expensive book $6 shipped.

What recourse do I have through the post office if any?

4D5923E8-1408-4B65-BC8B-AF8E467CEFDD.jpeg

193B566E-D659-48BA-907A-286E722367F8.jpeg

C4152851-CDD6-42F0-A541-6236312FBCF3.jpeg

5A40467D-0BBB-4601-916B-47AD14292A59.jpeg

777025C1-15E9-47D6-B150-A424BEF41D79.jpeg

4D3FBFCC-3F83-4AA7-8518-6407732EBEB8.jpeg

image.jpg

Not sure about the post office, but the seller should refund. If they refuse, you should be able to get your money back anyway through eBay's money back guarantee for receiving a damaged item.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:02 AM, 850chris said:

If there was insurance on the package, you or the seller might be able to file a claim for the value. 

On 2/19/2023 at 10:09 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not sure about the post office, but the seller should refund. If they refuse, you should be able to get your money back anyway through eBay's money back guarantee for receiving a damaged item.

Showed the seller and he apologized and sent full refund. 

He is going to talk to the PO on Tuesday.

Thanks

On 2/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

No worries! I ship the Gemini itself - I save old backing boards from when I re-bag/board books, and I use the old backing boards to sandwich the book/books in between to give a little more stability. I also use painters tape to tape down the whole thing directly to the inner of the Gemini so the books don't move around in transit. That's why I like making the backing board sandwich, so I don't have tape sticking directly to the bagged book. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues.

If I sell a higher-priced book, I'll add extra packing material like a little more sturdy cardboard or some bubble wrap as well, but that's just more for my peace of mind. I've received plenty of books in the mail in just a Gemini, they're really well-designed for their purpose.

This is the way I've shipped as well. I have a lot of comics from my youth, and I've been selling them to fund the purchase of comics I've always wanted since I got back into collecting.

If it is a single (or a few comics) I do the same exact method as you - if it's a larger amount 12 or so, I put them in the Gemini and then the Priority Flat Rate Legal Envelope. Haven't had any issue with these methods since starting to sell in October....

THAT IS...until the other day. I ship out a book (ASM 265 Silver Sable, mid-grade copy for about twenty bucks that guy buys on ebay), seller leaves me "neutral" feedback, "Box was damaged, just shipped in a Gemini sleeve...."

Even though my listing basically says "I ship out in Gemini mailers..." Geesh.

Edited by minutekev@50

On 2/19/2023 at 10:25 PM, minutekev@50 said:

This is the way I've shipped as well. I have a lot of comics from my youth, and I've been selling them to fund the purchase of comics I've always wanted since I got back into collecting.

If it is a single (or a few comics) I do the same exact method as you - if it's a larger amount 12 or so, I put them in the Gemini and then the Priority Flat Rate Legal Envelope. Haven't had any issue with these methods since starting to sell in October....

THAT IS...until the other day. I ship out a book (ASM 265 Silver Sable, mid-grade copy for about twenty bucks that guy buys on ebay), seller leaves me "neutral" feedback, "Box was damaged, just shipped in a Gemini sleeve...."

That sucks - I've gotten one neutral so far; 376 total feedback. Keep in mind I've been an eBay member since Sept. 26, 1998 - longer than many eBay users have been alive... My one neutral was: "I don't like the no return policy. The comic is beautiful."

For real? Come on man...

On 2/19/2023 at 10:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That sucks - I've gotten one neutral so far; 376 total feedback. Keep in mind I've been an eBay member since Sept. 26, 1998 - longer than many eBay users have been alive... My one neutral was: "I don't like the no return policy. The comic is beautiful."

For real? Come on man...

Yeah - I've never been a consistent seller even though I've had an account since '02. Thing is - I guess the book was okay, he just he didn't like the way it was shipped, and that the BOX was damaged. Some people you can't please regardless. They didn't like your no return policy....good Lord.

Edited by minutekev@50

:pullhair::pullhair:

Bought a book off ebay. Looks beautiful in the pics.

Book arrives today.  Shipping isn't great, but looks like book escaped unscathed.

Then I open the bag and take the book out.   Back corner was bent in when book was last put in the bag and board! IMG_1534.thumb.JPG.a320cbc499c619b14a2f318b17d6b1b9.JPG

IMG_1533.thumb.JPG.f25ba7ad3fdbd5a76bee0dbcacff5d51.JPG:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

IMG_1532.thumb.JPG.f4197548847d2f12dbf5ed9bf7c7919b.JPG

Here is pic from ebay listing:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.18ff97380fc015457f846c5f5e6b53a6.jpg

Seller is working with me on a solution but man, such a letdown.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:25 PM, minutekev@50 said:

I cut two pieces of cardboard from a box as a sandwich for the bagged and boarded comic inside the gemini mailer. They'd really need to go to town on it to mess that up. I don't feel like comic boards offer quite enough. But the OP shows a photo mailer and all alone that is likely not enough. Need at least a cardboard sandwich too, maybe 3-4 sheets of cardboard. For years 4 sheets of cardboard in a regular envelope worked well enough, but I honestly think the PO has gotten rougher.

I haven't shopped for comics on eBay for a while, but I was looking up some prices today...and so I was wondering...is this a new trend?  I see the book advertised as "accurate description" but there is no grade and NO description, just one picture?  I'm seeing this from sellers I have not heard of, dealers I have heard of?...there are some with grades, but not that many. 

I know I've seen ungraded books forever, but never so many...or have I not shopped longer than I thought?

I'm probably just not seeing it, but is it still possible to see who left you feedback? Ever since they changed the ;purchase history' page a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to find it.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:46 AM, Gaard said:

I'm probably just not seeing it, but is it still possible to see who left you feedback? Ever since they changed the ;purchase history' page a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to find it.

Yes, feedback profile 

What is the best practice for getting unwarranted negative feedback removed?

I sold a low dollar Magic card (<$10) and the buyer left negative feedback claiming the card was fake along with a few extra choice words for me as a seller.  The buyer never contacted me. I know the card wasn't fake as I've had it since the 90's and it wasn't even worth a buck back then. 

On 3/11/2023 at 7:23 PM, Withering Wind said:

What is the best practice for getting unwarranted negative feedback removed?

I sold a low dollar Magic card (<$10) and the buyer left negative feedback claiming the card was fake along with a few extra choice words for me as a seller.  The buyer never contacted me. I know the card wasn't fake as I've had it since the 90's and it wasn't even worth a buck back then. 

Go to Help & Contact and submit request to remove negative feedback, call ebay agent or send a revision request to buyer

On 11/23/2022 at 6:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s borderline criminal....

86441957-F899-4062-A74B-3EC8C579935E.jpeg.a1213260db945f582181d1071c10e271.jpeg

Feebay please....for the love of God....give it a rest with the fees!

They're making it impossible to sell anything 🤬 

If you sell somewhat pricey slabs, what they're effectively doing is inviting people to just delist and consign to the auction houses at first sign of life in the market. This goes double if you're a casual seller without the need of a storefront subscription. At least throw people a bone every once in a while with a final value fee promo or something.

Edited by MGsimba77