• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

I'm a big Birds of Prey comic book fan (loved the Chuck Dixon run). So when I saw the Birds of Prey Harley Quinn horrible movie, I forced myself to finish it and I have regretted it since.  This is the worst movie in the past 20 years that I can recall especially when I compare it to the source material.

Thor Love & Thunder was 100% trash.  I think Feige needs to go back to the feel of phase 1.  It's just goofy parody now with terrible CGI.  

It's amongst the worst films I've ever seen next to Escape from LA, Planet of the Apes (Tim Burton), High Spirits, and Junior with Arnold.  SMH.  

But the #1 worst movie was by far:  Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

On 6/12/2019 at 4:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Punisher: War Zone is both the worst comic book movie, and worst overall film, I have ever seen.

The Last Jedi is in the Top 5.

Jumper might be the worst non-comic movie I've ever seen.

It's sad too because there were some good parts to it.  Ray wasn't a bad choice but Jigsaw was so over the top stupid and the cookie cutter mafia goons.  Jigsaws brother was probably the highlight of this movie next to the gore.  I have more than a few friends in this movie so I'm being nice.  Def a letdown after the Tom Jane one.  Tom was so mad when they suddenly dropped him and Hensleigh from the sequel and went this route.  Then Sutter was on board and he wanted his name taken off the credits. lol

On 1/8/2023 at 3:46 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I'm a big Birds of Prey comic book fan (loved the Chuck Dixon run). So when I saw the Birds of Prey Harley Quinn horrible movie, I forced myself to finish it and I have regretted it since.  This is the worst movie in the past 20 years that I can recall especially when I compare it to the source material.

Saw it a few months back.  Absolutely terrible.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Punisher: War Zone is both the worst comic book movie, and worst overall film, I have ever seen.

Frank Castle shooting a Parkouring criminal out of the sky with a bazooka? That's cinematic gold. If James Cameron had worked that idea into Titanic, he'd have a few extra million in his bank account. :headbang:

I recall Catwoman being bad enough that when we left the theater we talked about how bad it was.

Wonder Woman 84 was so atrocious, 30 minutes in we skipped to watch the last 10 minutes, and even that part was bad. That film makes Catwoman look like Shindler's List. WW84 is probably the absolute worst movie of all time. I give it that title because they had unbelievable talent and it came out worse than a diarrhea contest at a daycare center.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Frank Castle shooting a Parkouring criminal out of the sky with a bazooka? That's cinematic gold. If James Cameron had worked that idea into Titanic, he'd have a few extra million in his bank account. :headbang:

I recall Catwoman being bad enough that when we left the theater we talked about how bad it was.

Wonder Woman 84 was so atrocious, 30 minutes in we skipped to watch the last 10 minutes, and even that part was bad. That film makes Catwoman look like Shindler's List. WW84 is probably the absolute worst movie of all time. I give it that title because they had unbelievable talent and it came out worse than a diarrhea contest at a daycare center.

To be fair to War Zone, Love and Thunder may have leapfrogged it. As bad as these others are that you mention, I still don't find them as bad as those 2.

Have I mentioned Sand Sharks? So these sharks have somehow evolved to swim in sand, instead of water. Despite the fact that there's really nothing under the desert floor for the most part to feed on, they've done this. They then attack humans in this one small town, the only small town where they've mutated to do this, naturally. 

How can you stay safe from them? Stand on concrete. They can't get through concrete. That's the rules. Okay. 

It contains the immortal line "They're not just SAND sharks.... THEY'RE LAND SHARKS!" as one destroys a mountain, revealing it had been hiding in a mountain, motionless, doing... Well, we don't know what. Now, little known fact, but there's not exactly a tonne of oxygen under the sand, but they can breathe just fine, and when they take victims under, and their victims come back up for air, like in any shark attack movie, they're gasping as if they've been underwater, not spitting out sand. 

It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen, thus making it the best I've ever seen. 

That or the shark movie that was basically a student film, but it did get a proper Bluray release and small theatrical run, the name escapes me, it was a generic shark movie name. They were supposed to be stranded at sea, but they'd filmed on a small pond, as you could see the land behind them in every shot, and the water was only knee deep, so it was kinda hard to take them seriously when they were whining about being so far out at sea with no food and water, no land for miles around, when they could have just hopped out of the boat and walked 15 feet and been on the shore, drama over. 

And of course, they needed a shark. They did not size the shark to the water depth. So this massive 20ft shark was barrelling out of water about 10 inches deep, with no shadow, no body, just a shark head. It was hilarious too. Full marks for production. Almost at Birdemic level. 

On 11/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, Cat said:

Have I mentioned Sand Sharks? So these sharks have somehow evolved to swim in sand, instead of water. Despite the fact that there's really nothing under the desert floor for the most part to feed on, they've done this. They then attack humans in this one small town, the only small town where they've mutated to do this, naturally. 

How can you stay safe from them? Stand on concrete. They can't get through concrete. That's the rules. Okay. 

It contains the immortal line "They're not just SAND sharks.... THEY'RE LAND SHARKS!" as one destroys a mountain, revealing it had been hiding in a mountain, motionless, doing... Well, we don't know what. Now, little known fact, but there's not exactly a tonne of oxygen under the sand, but they can breathe just fine, and when they take victims under, and their victims come back up for air, like in any shark attack movie, they're gasping as if they've been underwater, not spitting out sand. 

It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen, thus making it the best I've ever seen. 

That or the shark movie that was basically a student film, but it did get a proper Bluray release and small theatrical run, the name escapes me, it was a generic shark movie name. They were supposed to be stranded at sea, but they'd filmed on a small pond, as you could see the land behind them in every shot, and the water was only knee deep, so it was kinda hard to take them seriously when they were whining about being so far out at sea with no food and water, no land for miles around, when they could have just hopped out of the boat and walked 15 feet and been on the shore, drama over. 

And of course, they needed a shark. They did not size the shark to the water depth. So this massive 20ft shark was barrelling out of water about 10 inches deep, with no shadow, no body, just a shark head. It was hilarious too. Full marks for production. Almost at Birdemic level. 

On 11/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, Cat said:

So I take it there was no guest appearance by the original Land Shark?

image.thumb.png.5613b3850b1ab5293395664f0af96a39.png

I've seen a few bad movies in my life, most I stop watching before they suck 2 hours out of my life.  But of the ones I have seen to the end, I think the most disappointing was Ghostbusters 2 (1989) because I loved the first one so much and the second one turned out to be such a carp fest.  Runners-up would be Caddyshack 2 and WW84, both were :sick:.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:09 AM, s-man said:

I've seen a few bad movies in my life, most I stop watching before they suck 2 hours out of my life.  But of the ones I have seen to the end, I think the most disappointing was Ghostbusters 2 (1989) because I loved the first one so much and the second one turned out to be such a carp fest.  Runners-up would be Caddyshack 2 and WW84, both were :sick:.

we walked out of the theater for Caddyshack 2 when it came out

On 11/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, s-man said:

GB2 does have one thing going for it…Janosz! The character is comedic gold! 

IMG_7545.gif

IMG_7546.gif

IMG_7547.gif