• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

371 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 8:41 AM, batman_fan said:

You trying to give me PTSD? :insane:

Na, just sharing that you are not alone with that sentiment about that character. Very disturbing! Although I’ve watched this movie several times with two of my youngest grandkids, and they seemed unaffected by him. (shrug)

Great model btw, I used to have a Matchbox or Corgi metal version of the car where all the wings would deploy. (thumbsu

On 9/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, Jayman said:

Na, just sharing that you are not alone with that sentiment about that character. Very disturbing! Although I’ve watched this movie several times with two of my youngest grandkids, and they seemed unaffected by him. (shrug)

Great model btw, I used to have a Matchbox or Corgi metal version of the car where all the wings would deploy. (thumbsu

The Corgi car was great!  I haven’t watch the movie in several decades but my memory is it was an annual show like Wizard of Oz, etc.

I still totally believe those little propellers could lift that car.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:53 AM, batman_fan said:
On 9/19/2022 at 8:09 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Andy Yanchus collection?

Yes, was interesting to watch.  Some of the earlier models went way below the estimate but the Aurora dinosaur kits did pretty good and the Micronauts were crazy to watch although I expect some of the prices will look like bargains in 5 years.

Sealed kits are very cool but not in my collecting wheelhouse since I'm mostly focused on funnybooks. I like to build them, too, so re-pops usually suit me fine, plus I still have all my original kits (Aurora monsters, Prehistoric Scenes, Monster Scenes, etc.).

I thought it odd they sold the Prehistoric Scenes in lots as well. I'm kicking myself for not throwing a bid in on that Monogram lot, it sold very cheap.

Where do you see the kit market going in the future? I've always felt that they were more of a niche collectible than comics, and that there isn't the same amount of newer, younger collectors to pick up the reins as the older folks move out of the hobby.

And yeah, the Micronauts prices! Wow!

On 9/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Sealed kits are very cool but not in my collecting wheelhouse since I'm mostly focused on funnybooks. I like to build them, too, so re-pops usually suit me fine, plus I still have all my original kits (Aurora monsters, Prehistoric Scenes, Monster Scenes, etc.).

I thought it odd they sold the Prehistoric Scenes in lots as well. I'm kicking myself for not throwing a bid in on that Monogram lot, it sold very cheap.

Where do you see the kit market going in the future? I've always felt that they were more of a niche collectible than comics, and that there isn't the same amount of newer, younger collectors to pick up the reins as the older folks move out of the hobby.

And yeah, the Micronauts prices! Wow!

I think the model kits are definitely niche.  I am certain there are some big collectors out there but I haven’t found anything like the CGC message boards for model kit collectors for interacting with folks.  I also think the remakes have depressed prices some.  There are folks that are content with the remakes, especially given how nice they are plus some of the new kits they have done in the same format.

As far as prices, I would say they have driven up in general, 25% to 100%+ in the last two years.  I suspect prices will flatten out some over the next few years (at least I hope).

On 9/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Larryw7 said:

I've bought my first model kit in awhile. It's sealed and looks nice. Aurora models were a big deal during my childhood so I think I may start buying some, especially since I'm almost completely priced out on GA comics right now. I do have built up kits of most of the Monsters, and professionally done kits of Batman and Robin (the 1965 and 1966 versions) but now I want those original boxes.

s-l1600.jpg

:golfclap:congrats, was that the Ebay one that ended today at ~$125?

On 9/30/2022 at 12:27 AM, Larryw7 said:

I've bought my first model kit in awhile. It's sealed and looks nice. Aurora models were a big deal during my childhood so I think I may start buying some, especially since I'm almost completely priced out on GA comics right now. I do have built up kits of most of the Monsters, and professionally done kits of Batman and Robin (the 1965 and 1966 versions) but now I want those original boxes.

s-l1600.jpg

I liked it when you wore those shorts and boots. (thumbsu

I bought this model kit a few months ago at my local hobby shop, Wheels and Wings:

Romulan_Bird_of_Prey(1).jpg?width=1920&h

Romulan_Bird_of_Prey_1.jpg?width=1920&he

I'm a big fan of the Romulans so I couldn't resist this re-issue in a tin even though I already have the original in my model kit collection!

I wish AMT would issue a kit of this later variant of a Romulan Warbird:

e93faa9fadca1e34-600x338.jpg

It's very well designed for confronting any marauding Federation or Bajoran imperialists!

:cool:

On 10/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, Hepcat said:

I bought this model kit a few months ago at my local hobby shop, Wheels and Wings:

Romulan_Bird_of_Prey(1).jpg?width=1920&h

I had this kit as a kid and remember having to use clothespins or masking tape to hold the two halves of the ship together as the glue dried. The two halves were slightly warped and needed a bit of help. That big warbird decal was a challenge to get on straight too. Fun times! :applause: