• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

371 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, batman_fan said:

I should start by saying I buy complete kits still sealed.

I buy only complete kits but I'm willing to buy unsealed ones as well. The advantage to the unsealed ones of course is being able to look at the contents. Even so I leave my sealed ones sealed.

:smile:

On 1/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, batman_fan said:

I was putting both Penguin kits in mylar bags when I observed this difference, logos are different colors 

PenguinKits.jpg

Oh wow! That means any self-respecting collector needs them both!

Sadly I have neither, but I collect so many kits of all kinds that there are many "holes" in my collection. Still a Penguin kit or two is among my top ten Wants among Aurora kits.

Have you been able to determine when each of these kits was issued though? You might try asking the fellow at Old Model Kits. He has quite a bit of knowledge/expertise in regards to the evolution of the Aurora logo.

???

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, Hepcat said:

Oh wow! That means any self-respecting collector needs them both!

Sadly I have neither, but I collect so many kits of all kinds that there are many "holes" in my collection. Still a Penguin kit or two is among my top ten Wants among Aurora kits.

Have you been able to determine when each of these kits was issued though? You might try asking the fellow at Old Model Kits. He has quite a bit of knowledge/expertise in the evolution of the Aurora logo.

???

I will have to do some poking on the logos but I believe the rest of the box is identical.  I didn't see the different logo colors until I took the picture.  Another thing I recently discovered was there were two issues of the Batmobile.  Of course I owned the cheaper of the two but I won the 1st issue at Hakes.  Purple one is the 1st issue.

Also, I have started to pick up opened kits now.  I snagged a long box Forgotten Prisoner, Canadian issued kit for just over $100.  I am pretty confident I will have to buy opened Frightening Lightening kits.  Those six rarely show up.

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 11.10.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 11.11.21 AM.png

I love the Aurora models. I don't have any in box but I do have a nicely painted Phantom (complete as far as I can tell). I also have a Hunchback which I think is complete. 

Oh and a guy I bought a Vampirella collection from threw in his Vampirella. She is painted but missing her bat that goes on her wrist (anyone have one lol?)

On 4/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, batman_fan said:

How do I keep ending up with more of these?

batplane.jpg

That's funny, because that's one of the few Aurora Batman kits that I've had a hard time finding.

That is a great collection of models batman_fan!

I wish I could afford to collect them. I have a couple but I would love to have all the classic aurora monsters and the prehistoric scenes. My favorite Prehistoric scene as a kid was the jungle swamp but I also loved the cave & tar pit..