• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is nothing sexier than a hot hot model
4 4

371 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 8:43 PM, Robot Man said:

Old flea market find...

monstermodels.jpg

Ah, memories! As a kid for a while my bed was an old pull-out couch. I built and had all of these glow-in-the-dark versions along the back of the couch that was my headboard. When the lights were off, they looked terrific all in a row!

On 7/28/2022 at 5:38 PM, Robot Man said:

One of my favorites. Itching to build it...1958 

vwbusmodel1.jpg

vwbusmodel2.jpg

A time before hippies :cloud9: 

My ex father-in-law was a model builder - I used to buy him vintage Aurora kits for gifts (this was like 16 years ago). He had his entire basement filled with completed models, it was really something to behold. Thanks for this thread, the Aurora packages are almost as cool as the models.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, batman_fan said:

Arrived today, box is pretty clean

monsterScenes.jpg

Very nice! I had these all as a kid too! I would really like to have the Pendulum again! Loved that skull at the very top!

Do you know who did the artwork for these packages? 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, Jayman said:

Very nice! I had these all as a kid too! I would really like to have the Pendulum again! Loved that skull at the very top!

Do you know who did the artwork for these packages? 

No idea who did the box artwork but the interior comic book was Neal Adams.  As a kid I only had the Pendulum.  I tried to sharpen it and was very disappointed I couldn't cut toys in half and my mom would let me tape razor blades to it. :cry:

Nice shot. Man, the Penguin is one I never see. I like that you have a sealed one and an unsealed, unbuilt one. I don’t care much if sealed ones or slabbed comics. I like to be able to look at the contents.

On models, I sometimes take it one step further. If I can find a cheap reissue, I actually like actually building, painting and customizing them. Brings me back to when I fist got them. 

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice shot. Man, the Penguin is one I never see. I like that you have a sealed one and an unsealed, unbuilt one. I don’t care much if sealed ones or slabbed comics. I like to be able to look at the contents.

On models, I sometimes take it one step further. If I can find a cheap reissue, I actually like actually building, painting and customizing them. Brings me back to when I fist got them. 

Both Penguins are sealed :banana:

I will have a big update to my long box monster collection shortly but I actually snagged several kits not sealed but complete. I had a chance to almost finish my long box set but someone wanted the sealed wolf man kit more than me but I made them pay dearly for it.