• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jan Heritage Auction putting up some nice artwork
4 4

412 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, aqn83 said:

Why do I get the sense that you're seeking out the seller and/or buyer?

Let me clear up the confusion...MWM looking for like minded individual with 3.3M in their wallet. Must carry cash or bearer bonds.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, bisquitodoom said:

I wonder if the same person got both pages.  That first Secret Wars page is a bit less impactful without the second.  

The origin of the black costume where it only appears as a little black ball sort of needs the second page to finish the sequence up.  

I'm hearing the pages went to two different buyers.  Just a guess, but, maybe the underbidder on the $3.36 million page was the guy who bought the $288K page, whereas the guy who won the big page was just all-in on that one exclusively.

Edited by delekkerste

On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, batman_fan said:

The rumor I am starting is the later bidding came down to 4 people

Jerry Seinfeld because he had Superman on his TV show and is reported to like Superman

Jay Leno because he has lots of money and wouldn’t it be cool if he collected stuff and had a show on TV where he showed off his collection

Steve Jobs, I know he is dead but I looked through HA rules and there is nothing in there that says you have to be alive to bid

Bill Gates because you can only buy so much farmland 

What if a Bizzarro Jerry comes to auction and for some reason he loved all things Peanuts instead of Superman? 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰  

Good Grief   :(

On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, batman_fan said:

The rumor I am starting is the later bidding came down to 4 people

Steve Jobs, I know he is dead but I looked through HA rules and there is nothing in there that says you have to be alive to bid

Since Steve Jobs, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Leonard Nimoy can no longer snipe bid, I would nominate George Lucas's L.A. Museum and Gallery of Arts as the under bidder since he did not like black suit ASM symbiote quite :yeehaw: as much as Frazetta's 'Egyptian Queen' oil.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:34 AM, grapeape said:

What if a Bizzarro Jerry comes to auction and for some reason he loved all things Peanuts instead of Superman? 💰 💰 💰 💰 💰  

Good Grief   :(

That would be considered a tragedy !

On 1/14/2022 at 3:40 PM, cloud cloddie said:

I was pretty surprised by the hammer on this. Great piece, and I love Nowlan, but dang. 

9F586C18-4408-4D44-89C8-5785665C8225.jpeg

Agreed.  I was going to bid on it because its amazing but that price is miles beyond what I thought it would go for.  That is the sad thing to me.  I now have no real concept of fair market value anymore.