• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS spooky & mystical spoiler thread
4 4

386 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 10:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

I respect that.

But with anyone wanting to follow along consistently on the "hero's journey" after watching WandaVision, they most probably wanted to see how the follow-up would help her reclaim her honor as more hero than semi-villain. Not 'ONE DAY WE WILL GET AROUND TO THAT STORY BUT HOW DID YOU LIKE THIS TWIST WE THREW YOUR WAY'.

Know what I mean?

It probably would have been better for the "villain" Wanda to have been a Multiverse Wanda, as opposed to "our" Wanda.  Seems like they could have done that without changing too much.

We never saw the 616 Mordo in this film, right?  I was hoping to given that the very last scene from the first Strange film was Mordo leaving Strange and going after sorcerers.

Given that Strange described Mordo as his adversary later in Multiverse of Madness suggests some things happened that we never saw, which is disappointing...I wanted to see those things.  Mordo is a really compelling villain--and I'm not at ALL sure he even is a villain in the MCU which is why I wanted to see more with him.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, Axelrod said:

It probably would have been better for the "villain" Wanda to have been a Multiverse Wanda, as opposed to "our" Wanda.  Seems like they could have done that without changing too much.

But then it has no "oomph",no meaning, and we only get complaints that it doesn't matter because it isn't "our" Wanda.

I was surprised they went so hard but why not? The movies take years to make, why not use up the actors after a few movies and move onto other characters and other stories? People are tired of the 20 year movie arc. I was boasting to wifey how they would kill everyone and then after the movie I was saying, nope, didn't really expect all that! Captain Carter cut in two? Sweet sweet Peggy?

I was quite worried they would kill Rintrah for no reason and was glad he was there at the end. In the comics he is apprentice to the guy who weaved the cloak, so they could have had a bit where Rintrah repairs it. I liked this movie, maybe a lot, but I do wish Doctor Strange movies were actually Doctor Strange movies and not MCU vehicles.

We needed some explanation of where Rintrah came from.  In the comics he's an alien, but I don't recall other aliens in Kamar-Taj shown in the film.

On 5/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, fantastic_four said:

We needed some explanation of where Rintrah came from.  In the comics he's an alien, but I don't recall other aliens in Kamar-Taj shown in the film.

true, he was just there

I felt like I should have known the names of 2 or 3 other mystics in those scenes...anyone recognize any name characters other than Rintrah?

On 5/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, fantastic_four said:

I, on the other hand, just thought it was fun that there was a random minotaur there as one of the mystics.  I didn't know who Rintrah was.  I assumed it was a character from the comics, but I didn't really need to know more.  

One other thing I feel, now that we've been through Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, and this Dr. Strange.  They do not appear to be building towards anything in particular, the way the original movies were always building towards The Avengers and then Thanos.  Every movie is ending with some little stinger about future stories of that/those particular characters, but not some larger cross-over event. 

They are very much just doing random things in the Marvel-verse right now.  

On 5/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, Axelrod said:

One other thing I feel, now that we've been through Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, and this Dr. Strange.  They do not appear to be building towards anything in particular, the way the original movies were always building towards The Avengers and then Thanos.  Every movie is ending with some little stinger about future stories of that/those particular characters, but not some larger cross-over event. 

They are very much just doing random things in the Marvel-verse right now.  

I wouldn't mind that if they weren't mediocre to bad.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Sorry. I have been nuts over Scarlet Witch since the 70's when I used to collect all the Avengers comics from that period. To include the Wundagore storyline.

Avengers_Vol1_185.PNG.8ac9f3ea3834bf6632545e9f5afed6d5.PNG

Avengers_Vol1_186.PNG.b02551a9b079c8a9cfaebde9cfa88fee.PNG

Avengers_Vol1_187.PNG.1ead6a6c47b20af19a856b2e7f5219c6.PNG

I've heard enough now and seen enough of the leaked spoilers to know this movie is not for me. I have contacted Regal and told them to credit today's ticket. That's the best way as a Marvel fan to send the signal Marvel Studios has followed a path I disagree with.

@piper Glad that brought a laugh to your day. Unfortunately, someone like yourself blindly throwing money at anything MCu may not help.

:cheers:

On 5/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

@piper Glad that brought a laugh to your day. Unfortunately, someone like yourself blindly throwing money at anything MCu may not help.

reviews and posts in a spoiler thread determine if you want to see a movie? how can you criticize what it is if you don't know? Context always matters. And so condescending about a movie you don't want to see? I don't understand that.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Bird said:

reviews and posts in a spoiler thread determine if you want to see a movie? how can you criticize what it is if you don't know? Context always matters. And so condescending about a movie you don't want to see? I don't understand that.

I'll play along since you asked the question.

There was quite a bit leaked about this film in advance. To include extensive reshoots and Wanda as the villain. That's had me concerned. Then the videos leaked about the variants and how quickly they get killed off. That bothered me even more. So I was checking the feedback in here to see if my concerns were validated. And I am reading enough that goes along with the leaked details to turn me off this film in advance.

But tell you what. You cared so much to check on this and about this film, here's what we will do. Let's take it to PM, and I will give you my Paypal account information. You send me the $9 for the daytime ticket and I will go to honor your kindness. Because you cared that much. I would hate to let you down.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

How can someone complain about a dark scarlet witch storyline when that is what the movie is delivering similar to the comics that preceded it?  

The MCU is not going to give you exactly what you want. By now most of us understand this.  

Don't you worry. Bird is going to cover my ticket.

Let's ignore all the leaked details (including videos that came out). Let's go into this fully expecting to be satisfied.

@Bird @Broke as a Joke

Bad news. The early purchase ticket deal I had earlier is gone at this point. But not to worry. I can get into the 3:10 PM showing for $13.50 plus the $2 convenience fee. 

01_Doctor_Strange_Winchester.PNG.54a5505f5e02ba81e89e3f4723fff144.PNG

It is so super at least Bird is good with the $16 + (remember taxes) into this ticket. But let's do this. Because it is only $16, right? Ignore all the details that have come out. Let's pretend like none of that happened.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, wisbyron said:

Boscoe, clearly you're not unintelligent so you know a spoiler thread is going to include discussion about the film in question. Bird asking you what he did is part of that discussion, is it not? 

He asked how I can judge something concerning a film that had video leaks of the actual variant character murder and details about the -script on Reddit. The most import part of his question that ignored these facts.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Bird said:

how can you criticize what it is if you don't know? Context always matters. 

So if all those details have come out and all this spoiler thread did was to confirm them, was it the spoilers thread by itself? Of course not. It was the total information flow of movie details.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:20 PM, wisbyron said:

Boscoe, clearly you're not unintelligent so you know a spoiler thread is going to include discussion about the film in question. Bird asking you what he did is part of that discussion, is it not? 

After he PM'ed me his lunacy I put him on ignore, so I'll take my own advice and not comment on things I am not going to see or read. Even if I see some in spoilers. :devil: