• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

From the newsletter:

"Have you checked out CGC’s turnaround times recently? Modern submissions are down to just 20 days, and by selecting the Fast Track option, you can get Economy submissions back in 20 days, too. Send in your books today and have them home for the holidays!"

Are they kidding? 
Modern TAT: 20 days
Fast track: 10 days (10 day reduction)

Economy TAT: 235 days
Economy fast track: 20 days (210 day reduction

This is a slap in the darn face, is what this is.  I feel sick.  

I’m in the same boat and will not use economy slow until they fix it. However, I’m not submitting many economy books at all anymore. So they might be getting an extra 15 bucks each for the 5-10 books I submitted using fast track but I’m also extremely selective about what I submit now due to the high cost. So they lose lots of extra business at the same time. Balance. 

I’m sure I’m not the only person doing this. 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:06 PM, lemonman6 said:

I’m in the same boat and will not use economy slow until they fix it. However, I’m not submitting many economy books at all anymore. So they might be getting an extra 15 bucks each for the 5-10 books I submitted using fast track but I’m also extremely selective about what I submit now due to the high cost. So they lose lots of extra business at the same time. Balance. 

I’m sure I’m not the only person doing this. 

Your not, but it's the principle of the thing and I'm right there in the same boat with you; however, it might be more likely that my "econ books" and the cost to acquire, "aren't worth the extra cost either...

They kind of get you coming and going. :sorry:

On 11/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Usually with bulk submissions of my own. I ship uninsured too .

Not to be that guy but if cgc done screws up they'll replace the book or give you the declared value whichever is lower....and with the screw up's these days... 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, Iceman399 said:

Not to be that guy but if cgc done screws up they'll replace the book or give you the declared value whichever is lower....and with the screw up's these days... 

Debbie Downer