• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2022 at 7:24 PM, Eddie Brock said:

Does CGC make exceptions for to the deadline? Apparently my books just got there today, I'm so sick right now...

They have, will they still? Probably. A day late even on this following day, even though it was the weekend, it's not "that late!"

On 11/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, Vegas021 said:

Add me to the list of people who are still waiting for their books to be checked in. Sent on 10/24 and delivered by FedEx on 10/25. :( 

I've been reassured several times that it would check in, so hang in there,but yes, it feels unsettling I agree.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They have, will they still? Probably. A day late even on this following day, even though it was the weekend, it's not "that late!"

Thanks brother! I don't know why it took so long for them to receive my books, after not getting an email from cgc saying my books were received I then I looked and tracking said they got there today, it should have been there last week, something must've slowed down shipping times. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks again!!

On 11/14/2022 at 8:22 PM, Eddie Brock said:

Thanks brother! I don't know why it took so long for them to receive my books, after not getting an email from cgc saying my books were received I then I looked and tracking said they got there today, it should have been there last week, something must've slowed down shipping times. I'll call tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks again!!

Oh snap I was just about to say, due to mail and hiccups, then they'd be lenient. I was guessing, but it sounds like that is EXACTLY what happened.

If it would ease your mind or if you want to do all you can? I'd call, if not long distance, otherwise send in the email, the tracking number and explain just as you did; sounds reasonable, and I'm sure they'd rather get it signed than send it back etc.

Especially the mail send date, and the paod chipping, whether priority mail. You did all you could! They'll understand  @Eddie Brock

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/14/2022 at 9:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh snap I was just about to say, due to mail and hiccups, then they'd be lenient. I was guessing, but it sounds like that is EXACTLY what happened.

If it would ease your mind or if you want to do all you can? I'd call, if not long distance, otherwise send in the email, the tracking number and explain just as you did; sounds reasonable, and I'm sure they'd rather get it signed than send it back etc.

Especially the mail send date, and the paod chipping, whether priority mail. You did all you could! They'll understand  @Eddie Brock

Yessir!! Thank you! I just got off the phone with a rep at CGC and they said because of the storm on Friday, and veterans day, that they are being very lenient on the deadline, so I should be good, which means everyone else should be also since I did decide to submit last minute, I was gonna skip this one at 1st, but that GORGEOUS Mexican 300 foil and an Italian 300 made me change my mind 😃

20221025_025510.jpg

20221107_162528.jpg

On 11/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, Eddie Brock said:

Yessir!! Thank you! I just got off the phone with a rep at CGC and they said because of the storm on Friday, and veterans day, that they are being very lenient on the deadline, so I should be good, which means everyone else should be also since I did decide to submit last minute, I was gonna skip this one at 1st, but that GORGEOUS Mexican 300 foil and an Italian 300 made me change my mind 😃

20221025_025510.jpg

20221107_162528.jpg

:x

On 11/15/2022 at 10:19 AM, Eddie Brock said:

20221025_025510.jpg

20221107_162528.jpg

Make sure to check your submissions once CGC opens it. They got ASM Mexico foil 2022 NYCC wrong.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Does anyone have an exact date of when  this is supposed to go down??

Most often, cgc doesn't say until afterward. That Said the Last Todd did it, there were so many that he couldn't resist doing a Facebook video mid session (thumbsu

other words, we don't know now, but due to social, we might as soon as it starts.

Still play by ear kind of thing, I assume.

CGC won't tell you, is "their" policy, until afterward

On 11/16/2022 at 10:30 AM, Miguelb said:

This is slow going, my first submission I sent right after the announcement and it moved SFG quite quickly after his NYCC signing so I would imagine it was signed there....no movement since.

did it have CCS pressing services?
If not I wouldn’t put too much stock into the SFG status as that would be the first status listed when received

On 11/16/2022 at 1:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Most often, cgc doesn't say until afterward. That Said the Last Todd did it, there were so many that he couldn't resist doing a Facebook video mid session (thumbsu

other words, we don't know now, but due to social, we might as soon as it starts.

Still play by ear kind of thing, I assume.

CGC won't tell you, is "their" policy, until afterward

Booooo lmao . I'll be checking all the socials because I know they put videos up for major signing events. 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:48 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Maybe it's just me but i still can't believe  this is happening. Trying to get anywhere near him at  a con is next to impossible. I thought I was lucky for the Jim lee signing last summer but this takes the whole bakery, :banana:

At SDCC this year I saw him each day to get autographs etc -- it was super easy - just had a long line, even if a ticketed event it was easy to get tickets.   He's a great guy in-person too -- he knows he's considered a rock-star but he does his best to make every fan interaction genuine.  Super nice guy.   I wish they were all like him.

On 11/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, PDidds said:

At SDCC this year I saw him each day to get autographs etc -- it was super easy - just had a long line, even if a ticketed event it was easy to get tickets.   He's a great guy in-person too -- he knows he's considered a rock-star but he does his best to make every fan interaction genuine.  Super nice guy.   I wish they were all like him.

Well then im.going to go back in time and pinch that guy at nycc that said the tickets were all gone lol.  I got to see him that year but I unfortunately wasnt in the line.  In all of his instagram videos he looks like he's having. A blast so I can definitely see that carrying over to shows. Thanks man; I'm gonna shoot to meet him at future shows. 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, PDidds said:

I first saw him at a Mid Ohio con in Fall of 1988.  He has not changed.  The line was long that day, and I would kind of step to the side to see what was taking so long at the front.  Todd was taking the time with each fan to ask how they were doing, if they were enjoying themselves.  This was shortly after his start on ASM.  He was obviously enjoying himself, kidding around with the person  who was seated next to him  (Keith Giffen, iirc).  It made the wait in the line a lot more tolerable.

Compare that to Jon Byrne at the same convention.  He obviously didn't wat to be there.  Next, get the book signed, Next.  Two very different experiences for the fans.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

did it have CCS pressing services?
If not I wouldn’t put too much stock into the SFG status as that would be the first status listed when received

Yeah, no pressing.  I would assume it should be soon now.