• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Miguelb said:
On 11/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

did it have CCS pressing services?
If not I wouldn’t put too much stock into the SFG status as that would be the first status listed when received

Yeah, no pressing.  I would assume it should be soon now.

err umm, he is saying it is to BE A WHILE>

As unless it was signed at the comic con, the in house signing hasn't happened to our knowledge yet, and that said, the reason it is "SFG" is because CGC "received it", that is their normal received status. 

If it had a press it would say something different, and since there is no press, yours is basically only received. That was what he was getting at :cheers:

still should be soon nonetheless (thumbsu 

On 11/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Miguelb said:
On 11/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, Ed Hanes said:

My Todd Mcfarlane signing just shipped today ..happy with grade too

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.45.36 PM.png

That's good turnaround, mine was received on the 10/5 and nothing yet

See his that you quoted was "signed Oct 5th" at New York comic con, that's different than your received. We just didn't want you to get your hopes up to quickly.

Signing will probably happen, but there are the holidays we have to consider but don't know yet

On 11/17/2022 at 7:44 PM, MB1952 said:

Just got my 5 books back. 
I got TBagged. :wavingwhiteflag:
BD3991FD-E5E8-44A0-BC59-5202A18932BC.thumb.jpeg.2d8448e6266164de087541ff11dfc1cc.jpeg

Tbagged on all 5? I wrote "Full name please" on my windows bags, probably won't help.

Did you request a pen color?

Edited by ak47po

So jelly of all of you who have your books back.

I sent my 1st Sig Series books. I sent both books to get pressed by CCS and then for the signing. It's been 2-3 weeks since someone picked up the books from the CGC PO Box. Still not updated on my status. Is this because it's going to CCS? Or something I should call about?

thanks

On 11/17/2022 at 9:59 PM, Vegas021 said:

Happy to see some of these coming back already. However, I'm a little disappointed that the CGC hologram is covering part of the custom label. :frustrated:

On 11/17/2022 at 7:12 PM, MB1952 said:

Yes all five. My books shipped on Sept. early entry still got TBagged. :boo:

I was just about to mention the label, I'm wondering if I cAn live with it oye

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/17/2022 at 9:59 PM, Vegas021 said:

Happy to see some of these coming back already. However, I'm a little disappointed that the CGC hologram is covering part of the custom label. :frustrated:

just when I though CGC couldn't be any more incompetent they prove me wrong

funny how they get it correct in their marketing materials but can't get it right on the final product

ToddMcfarlane_COMICS_ARTICLE_22202209091

they might as well have just put the hologram over the "odd" in his name on the label to double Tbag us

On 11/17/2022 at 5:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

See his that you quoted was "signed Oct 5th" at New York comic con, that's different than your received. We just didn't want you to get your hopes up to quickly.

Signing will probably happen, but there are the holidays we have to consider but don't know yet

I mean realistically I'm not concerned or particularly impatient it will come when it comes, just curious given I sent mine in very quickly after they announced.  But, CGC gonna CGC.

Edited by Miguelb

UPS delivered by books to CGC on the 9th, but CGC has yet to checkin my submission. I've experienced CGC checking in my books after the delivery "deadline" before, but it's the 18th now and I'm getting a bit worried that they misplaced my submission. Glad I'm not alone here, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. Hopefully they just have a backlog to get through. 

Edited by snox

On 11/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, David Evilla said:

So jelly of all of you who have your books back.

I sent my 1st Sig Series books. I sent both books to get pressed by CCS and then for the signing. It's been 2-3 weeks since someone picked up the books from the CGC PO Box. Still not updated on my status. Is this because it's going to CCS? Or something I should call about?

thanks

As long as it is received you are good.  Will take some time to show up on status.  Signing will not be for a while.  Also signing goes first and then pressing.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, snox said:

UPS delivered by books to CGC on the 9th, but CCG has yet to checkin my submission. I've experienced CGC checking in my books after the delivery "deadline" before, but it's the 18th now and I'm getting a bit worried that they misplaced my submission. Glad I'm not alone here, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. Hopefully they just have a backlog to get through. 

Mine was delivered on 10/27 and still not checked in yet.

A little concerned, but tracking shows they have it so, I guess it's just the waiting game.

for those of you who are still waiting for your books to be checked in at CGC, take solace in the fact that THEY WANT YOUR MONEY.  They've already got your books and presumably your money, which is the hard part.  It would be silly to just let your books languish in the warehouse when you can prove they already have it.

So, their choices are:  

1.  Open your boxes slowly and perform a service which they advertised and are providing for thousands of other people, and take your money and make revenue to pay their expenses and make profit for their owners/investors, build their reputation with Todd Mc by giving him more money (and boosting his ego with more sigs).

2.  Or take up space in the warehouse for an extended period of time, not make any money on you, make you an unhappy customer who didn't even pay them, and then they pay for return shipping to you of your unsigned books, all the while being responsible for your books while in their possession.