• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 5:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sorry was multi tasking earlier. I see now yours were different than McFarlane. Lines were blurred earlier @bobotski thanks for the heads up. I'll give it till Monday and try to relax.

I’m still waiting for my order to ship. CGC might be closed on Monday for the holiday.  Looks like a long 3 day weekend.  🤞

On 12/29/2022 at 2:44 PM, Spiderguy's Cards said:

Got mine back a few weeks ago and was signed on 12/6.  I am the original owner of this and just stoked to have it signed now!

20221229_133950.jpg

That's a nostalgic piece! Still as creative as ever :)

Full on Merlin!  :headbang:

On 12/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Miketaylorwork said:

My stuff moved to QC today, still worried about graded drops even though I paid for the CCS, one of my last submissions was supposed to have it and came back with non color breaking spineticks all down the front cover.  Has anyone received grade drops for this submissions yet?

My two orders shipped today.  All 6 that were sent to CCS maintained their original grade. 

I have a slabbed 9.0 Spider-Man #1 Platinum I bought years ago (graded in 2007). I know generally speaking cleaning and pressing wasn't as prevalent back then so I took a gamble and submitted it for the signing and CCS. Came back a 9.2 so pretty happy about that! Ebay sales on the Platinum version in a 9.2 is pretty sporadic. Does anyone have access to Gpanalysis data that might provide some further insight?

On 12/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, J Bill said:

I have a slabbed 9.0 Spider-Man #1 Platinum I bought years ago (graded in 2007). I know generally speaking cleaning and pressing wasn't as prevalent back then so I took a gamble and submitted it for the signing and CCS. Came back a 9.2 so pretty happy about that! Ebay sales on the Platinum version in a 9.2 is pretty sporadic. Does anyone have access to Gpanalysis data that might provide some further insight?

Go Collect has 9.2 valued at $625, but that is unsigned.

It's a rough one as the signing per book is quite up there so you want to submit more 9.8s but 9.6s are able to go up and 9.8's are pretty much guaranteed to not go up and potentially go down where 9.6 value going down on a sale per item isn't as much of a kick in the pants as a 9.8 to 9.6 per say. I had 11 9.8s go in. Wouldn't think I would have to press them as coming out of slabs but time will tell. Not something I've ever done in past and cracked over 100 ASM 9.8s or had them cracked and signed by different people. Usually over 90% return in 9.8. I was a bit confused when an ASM 230 came back as 9.4 and looked identical to when it was 9.8 ;-). Light creasing maybe from handling or something of that nature I suppose. 

On 12/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, J Bill said:

GPA indicates the last sale for a 9.2 Platinum edition signed by McFarlane was back in March 2019 for $361. Nothing else noted since. For some context, a 9.4 signed by McFarlane sold for $1150 back in Jan 2022 (a year ago). 

Shipped and received!  Happy!

Spider-Man #1 9.6 (Ful Name!)

Spawn #1 9.2

Spawn #309 9.4

Surprised at the grade for #309 and thought it would be higher (no grader notes)  Others are what I expected as all bought off rack.

Not all good news though, my SM #1 will need to be sent back as it has cracked case (does not look like it happened during shipping as others were fine, looks like it happened as they prepared it for shipping, did they not notice it?) 

On 1/3/2023 at 12:14 PM, waynemel said:

Shipped and received!  Happy!

Spider-Man #1 9.6 (Ful Name!)

Spawn #1 9.2

Spawn #309 9.4

Surprised at the grade for #309 and thought it would be higher (no grader notes)  Others are what I expected as all bought off rack.

Not all good news though, my SM #1 will need to be sent back as it has cracked case (does not look like it happened during shipping as others were fine, looks like it happened as they prepared it for shipping, did they not notice it?) 

I didn't want to assume that you know about "mechanical error" submission forms, but there are such under the submission forms lol:shy:

CGC should reholder that at no cost to you :cheers:

Sorry to hear, but it should be remedied and hopefully, quickly! Congrats on getting the full sig name, silver lining :) 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't want to assume that you know about "mechanical error" submission forms, but there are such under the submission forms lol:shy:

CGC should reholder that at no cost to you :cheers:

Sorry to hear, but it should be remedied and hopefully, quickly! Congrats on getting the full sig name, silver lining :) 

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM Well aware of ME.  I reached out to them about it and posted pics on Ask CGC and if it would be ok to submit ME.  Forget if I need to ask before hand or not.  Better to be safe to confirm.  Hopefully yours will be shipped soon.