• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Fantast Collection' Kick Starter 'Selling Superman' (#1 CGC 7.0 blue) documentary 2024
6 6

277 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2023 at 8:49 PM, manetteska said:

If that’s the one on IG 99% of the books aren’t worth slabbing, right?

I haven't followed too closely but I would assume a collection that size is mostly junk. I just know Jeff mentioned that he worked out something with CGC to get custom labeling, at least for the good stuff. 

On 4/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, buttock said:

There's a fundamental difference though.  A vintage car doesn't work with a busted header or cam.  Maintenance and repair is expected on most cars over time, so it makes sense to restore them to preserve functionality.  

I only buy vintage cars if they are 100% original including the original oil and wiper fluid.

So far I have zero cars in my collection

On 6/12/2023 at 10:56 PM, october said:

I saw another OO Gold collection on Instagram that just sold. 3500 books. They are still out there, likely many more than we think.

What grade, though?  Mulch-quality GA books, I can believe are still out there.  High grade, not so much.

On 6/12/2023 at 11:34 AM, october said:

I am not on IG anymore.

A social media apostate! :whatthe:

On 6/12/2023 at 9:56 AM, october said:

I saw another OO Gold collection on Instagram that just sold.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:34 AM, october said:

I am not on IG anymore. 

hm

On 6/13/2023 at 7:19 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

You kids and your social media. I was curious about the collection so I found his Instagram page. I had to tap out after scrolling down twice. I have zero patience for these self-obsessed "look at me" clowns. I will never, ever understand their appeal especially "unboxing" videos.

It's baffling what people spend their time watching. I don't get it. 

On 6/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

You kids and your social media. I was curious about the collection so I found his Instagram page. I had to tap out after scrolling down twice. I have zero patience for these self-obsessed "look at me" clowns. I will never, ever understand their appeal especially "unboxing" videos.

I signed up for Instagram a few years ago when it seemed like it was turning into the place to go to buy and sell comics. I think I made it 5 minutes before bowing out and deleting my profile. That interface and the content was unnavigable. I never looked back, even though legit dealers like SuperWorld leverage the platform. I've also stayed away from WhatNot, which sounds awful.

On 6/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

Wait till you check out discord.