• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Jan 11-14, 2024 Auction
3 3

267 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2024 at 1:20 PM, Michael Browning said:

Wow, you’re losing a lot of credibility with statements like this.

No, I just live in the real world and have 2 young adults who are plugged in and answer questions about these matters... I'm not living in my parents' basement playing video games in a shirt stained with cheese doodles, telling myself my longboxes will make me a millionaire 

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 1/12/2024 at 1:08 PM, stinkininkin said:

No disrespect, but when you say a kiddie cartoon figure, are you referring to any of the Spiderverse films? Because I've never read a Miles Morales Spiderman comic, and the quality of those films have made this 63 year old Spidey non-reader an ardent fan!!!

Dude, you WORK in the industry... it's sort of assumed you would be an ardent fan

On 1/12/2024 at 12:08 PM, stinkininkin said:

No disrespect, but when you say a kiddie cartoon figure, are you referring to any of the Spiderverse films? Because I've never read a Miles Morales Spiderman comic, and the quality of those films have made this 63 year old Spidey non-reader an ardent fan!!!

My only takeaway from this is that there's NO WAY you're 63. This is a typo right? You're a kid. A KID.

Some head scratchers today. Hard to figure what's going on with some pieces. 

It's almost like collecting artwork has become a...
ik88w457f1h81.gif.bd0b4a0ad11bea4e91962851ec1925c1.gif

On 1/11/2024 at 1:49 PM, delekkerste said:

That said, I didn't think this was a particularly strong selection of art for the Platinum Session and we've seen other quiet Platinum Sessions over the past year or two only to see the buyers come out of the woodwork for the other sessions, so, I think the jury is still very much out. Could just be that there weren't any real showstoppers in this session. 

Platinum Session:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ag6q38tw6mp3t7cdrl

Today's session:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pvr44ts9gvszdbhteg

Is there any way we can discover who is it that keeps slow rolling their bids to "last and final call" and making so many pieces take forever to finish? 

I'd like to know that. 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, comix4fun said:

Some serious blood-sport fighting today and strong to record prices....

ArtMarketStrong.jpeg.c3f04620cf522d2f98a28b176c6dbb2e.jpeg

Yeah, some very impressive prices.  For those priced out of today's live bidding, there's still lots of goodies during Sunday's auction.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:44 PM, rikemice said:

I knew it was going big.
I did not realize it was going BIG.

Aside from the bidders at the end not many did. 

In my niche corner of the world the last month has established that a key interior page can sell for more than a cover (Eddie Campbell From Hell).

Guice Indy TOJ seemed about right based on pre-auction numbers I was hearing.