• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 12:14 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve fallen way behind on this thread.

Has anyone been reimbursed from CGC for books that were found to be tampered with?

People will chime in if I am wrong or if things have progressed within the last check-in but nobody has received any form of compensation at this time. Folks are still unclear what the reimbursement would even look like. I wasn't impacted so I can only feel disappointment. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind by now though if I was impacted by this scam.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:22 PM, grendel013 said:

People will chime in if I am wrong or if things have progressed within the last check-in but nobody has received any form of compensation at this time. Folks are still unclear what the reimbursement would even look like. I wasn't impacted so I can only feel disappointment. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind by now though if I was impacted by this scam.

Thanks for the response.  I wasn’t impacted either, but if I was I too would be losing my mind if left hanging this long.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

How dumb. Imagine having so much free time you can make asinine videos about nothing.

He quit his job to sell comics. He has a room at an antique store, does claim sales and pumps out YouTube videos to make ends meet.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, grendel013 said:

He quit his job to sell comics. He has a room at an antique store, does claim sales and pumps out YouTube videos to make ends meet.

Imagine if his videos were good and not garbage. What does a "room at an antique store" mean? Like a vendor mall?

On 4/2/2024 at 3:48 PM, grendel013 said:

You mean he lost his job and had to sell comics.  

@NewWorldOrder

On 4/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, greggy said:

You mean he lost his job and had to sell comics.  

@NewWorldOrder

Lost his job and chose to sell comics. Dude is giving it a go and that takes a lot of balls. We all talk about the hobby dying and this dude is taking a leap of faith trying to keep it alive. Not sure why that deserves anyone's scorn. 

On 4/2/2024 at 7:18 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Imagine if his videos were good and not garbage. What does a "room at an antique store" mean? Like a vendor mall?

I believe he rents one of the rooms from the owner of an antique store. I don't think it's big enough to be considered an antique mall. His videos definitely help his live stream claim sales. I just like seeing the books.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:19 PM, BrashL said:

Lost his job and chose to sell comics. Dude is giving it a go and that takes a lot of balls. We all talk about the hobby dying and this dude is taking a leap of faith trying to keep it alive. Not sure why that deserves anyone's scorn. 

He hustles. I'll say that much. And he can grade pretty damn good so he has that. Knows his keys. He's pretty sharp.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:44 PM, grendel013 said:

He said he quit. :691460725_armsraised:

I watched his video where he said that he got laid off.  

Here's the link