• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,758 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 11:39 AM, RBerman said:

@babsrocks31 pointed out Alvaro Martinez in another thread, so I picked up one of his DPSes from Detective Comics. Thanks for the tip! The iconography-based layout reminded me of JH Williams III.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fd3bdb7bfaf978e67712750a2269a55.jpeg

Yeah his work is top notch I think. His layouts always get across everything that is going on really clearly while never looking dull. Real nice spread you got here.

Edit: also the Bat family debate scene in that issue is so memorable.

Edited by babsrocks31

Two new pieces of art:

• An addition to my wife’s Strong Women sketchbook featuring Claire from Adventureman by Terry Dodson: https://cafurl.com?i=27616

image.png.a7cc456dabe0115eb5026b407109b45e.png

• A remarque in my copy of the Adventureman HC: 
image.png.2ef65af923ef50d6174b269800a5ac13.png

I strongly recommend Adventureman by Matt Fraction and Terry Dodson. The new HC matches the French bande dessinée format. More than that, Terry drew the artwork larger than the more common in the US 11x17 format so that it would look better in the HC. The book is affordable and beautiful with a terrific story. Check it out.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:16 PM, Brewcrewfan77 said:

Picked up a Thom Zahler Amazonia and Abby piece.  Zahler is really becoming one of my favorites.  Between his art and the writing I've enjoyed most of his work.

AbbyAmazonia.jpg

I love Thom's work. I even have a piece of published OA for Love and Capes! If you are curious, click here. In fact, I like it so much that I hired him to draw and -script the story of my courtship with my wife. You can see the cover (OA) and read the comic here. I'm glad to see someone else appreciate his work.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, pkveronese said:

Picked up these two from Alan Moore's tenure on Swamp Thing. The pair are Swamp Thing #60, one of the standout issues of Moore's run in, and they feature art by John Totleben (Moore's partner for the Olympus Miracleman storyline).

Totleben used a variety of media from pen and ink to spray paint to watchfaces and zippers to create the original art, making for a rather memorable issue.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1817992

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1817989

swamp thing 60 p 9 lineart_oa_800pixel.JPG

swampthing60p12_oa_800pixels.jpg

Woah.