• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

I’m so excited to join the Capullo Grab Bag owners club!

First, what did I get: The piece says it's a prelim for Last Knight on Earth #3 page 10, but after looking at the issue, it looks more like page 12. I’m super happy with what I got because there’s one good shot of Batman in the center of the page and one profile view of the cowl. It measures roughly 4x6 in the frame. I've also added the final page to compare, and it's super interesting to see how much the page evolves from prelim to final.

Second, how did I get it: For those not familiar, Capullo drops a new grab bag randomly on his OA store, and as a new dad, it’s hard to find time to refresh the page waiting for the drop. After talking with other OA buyers who felt the same pain, I decided to make an app that would alert us when new art dropped on Capullo's and other OA sites. Thankfully, it worked, and the day of the drop, I got a text and scored the grab bag! After a private beta, the app is now open to the public, and for art that sells really fast like Capullo's, I recommend using the Founder’s Plan to monitor sites every minute and get a text when new art drops. If you use the code CHRIS when you upgrade you can get 20% off the first year: https://www.nerdcrawler.com/

Capullo-grab.jpg

capullo-page.jpeg

Edited by nerdcrawlerdotcom
Wrong final page attached

On 7/5/2022 at 9:45 AM, cgcsketcherz said:

Fell in love with this piece when a collector listed it on CAF in 2009.

Pleased to find it for sale on eBay.

Scooby Meets Punisher by Scott Neely 11x17

IMG_20220705_103347_522.thumb.jpg.6a25208b2c733eaea65116f196a77dba.jpg

I'm glad that you usually have a story! Been worth a listen every time, but more importantly I'm glad it came up in your search and that you were able!  ^^