• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,760 posts in this topic

Greetings all.  My first time posting.  I got  three Steve Mannion "Fealess Dawn" sketch cards in the mail yesterday and I'm very excited to have them.  They're 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches -- little inks and watercolors over pencil.   One is dated 2015.  I missed out on all of those Kickstarter incentives Steve offered a few years ago, so I'm thrilled to maybe now have piece from that era.   I'd really like to find a cool Fearless Dawn page but I never see them for sale. 

Edited by Farnes

Hi Folks,

I just uploaded a bunch of art to my CAF:

1. Jim Lee Wolverine full figure sketch on the back of a Jim Lee Punisher War Journal Page

2. Dale Keown Wolverine vs. Hulk Commission, and one with Mark Farmer Inks over bluelines

3. Jae Lee Captain America (Ice Storyline) Unused cover

4. John Romita Jr. Bullseye page from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe

5. Tom Grummet Animal Man pages featuring the first full appearance of "Grant Morrison"

6. I normally don't post art until it is in hand, but with his untimely passing I posted a Carlos Pacheco Superman/Batman splash that is on the way to me

CAF Link to recent uploads

Of course as art comes in, I have to pay for it! So I will have 27 pieces of art for sale for Comicartlive.  Most pieces are priced from $100 to $1000 and artists include Jr Jr, Leinil Yu, Keown, Grant Morrison Animal Man and more.  Heh, even if I sell everything it probably isn't enough to pay for this art day, but don't tell my wife that! :)

Malvin

Edited by malvin

On 11/12/2022 at 10:56 AM, aokartman said:

David here, this is as close as I have gotten to a "wall" of art now that the upright piano is history!

Sorry, don't mean to pry, but this caught my attention and my curiosity is getting the better of me, is this an unorthodox frame? It almost kind of looks like its just art in a mylar and affixed to a masonite board.

image.png.b371b8570219f58811327e26474f9a09.png

On 11/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, JC25427N said:

Sorry, don't mean to pry, but this caught my attention and my curiosity is getting the better of me, is this an unorthodox frame? It almost kind of looks like its just art in a mylar and affixed to a masonite board.

image.png.b371b8570219f58811327e26474f9a09.png

You are kind to say unorthodox, somehow lending that "frame" some aura of legitimacy.  Thanks!  It is one of my homemade clip frames, with the art in mylar sandwiched between glass and box cardboard.  Showcasing a mostly mechanical original cover by Ian Gibson   

mm4reduced.jpg

Spider-Verse Cover by Tyler Kirkham paying tribute to McSpidey 300 cover - hope you like it:

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryPiece.asp?Piece=1870167&GSub=0&GCat=3018&UCat=3018

And just in case someone is interested in my cover, price tag is 4.8 million dollar, slightly below the asking of the original McSpidey cover.

Edited by wurstisart
Text

On 11/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, wurstisart said:

Spider-Verse Cover by Tyler Kirkham paying tribute to McSpidey 300 cover - hope you like it:

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryPiece.asp?Piece=1870167&GSub=0&GCat=3018&UCat=3018

And just in case someone is interested in my cover, price tag is 4.8 million dollar, slightly below the asking of the original McSpidey cover.

That's still impressive! oh and "ham it up!" lol 

If you haven't read Ben Hatke's Zita the Spacegirl, you are missing a treat.

The series follows the adventures of Zita, a young girl who makes a terrible, impulsive mistake that leads to the loss of her best friend. Zita has to undo that mistake. Adventures ensue.

Here's my latest purchase from Ben. It's from the second book "The Return of Zita the Spacegirl.”

I think any adult would enjoy them and I know that young readers will. Check them out!

My poor daughters! Their inheritance is flying into space!

Joe Staton lends his talents to one of my faux Sugar and Spike 100 covers. In this case, S&S meet E-Man, Nova, and Teddy-Q.

There's even a nod (intentional or not) to my favorite team, the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Good going, Joe! Click to see a bigger image.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec166abe8a2939ba05d7d660a2d9e04b.jpeg

On 11/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, alxjhnsn said:

My poor daughters! Their inheritance is flying into space!

Joe Staton lends his talents to one of my faux Sugar and Spike 100 covers. In this case, S&S meet E-Man, Nova, and Teddy-Q.

There's even a nod (intentional or not) to my favorite team, the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Good going, Joe! Click to see a bigger image.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec166abe8a2939ba05d7d660a2d9e04b.jpeg

Oh, I am jealous! Joe rarely does color on a commissions!! I haven't seen a color commission in years. Now you might get the slightest color on a remark if it is a special issue. Was this Baltimore? Congrats.

On 11/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Oh, I am jealous! Joe rarely does color on a commissions!! I haven't seen a color commission in years. Now you might get the slightest color on a remark if it is a special issue. Was this Baltimore? Congrats.

I wrote to him for the request and mentioned that I could pick it up in Baltimore if that was convenient. It was and I did. :)

Also, I got a copy of the original Charlton E-Man TPB that came out a few years ago.

I didn't realize that color was a rarity. I asked and he said okay. :) Maybe he enjoyed the topic of the commission.