• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,849 posts in this topic

I've been wanting this issue for some time - and I was able to snag this second Superman/Flash race (complete with JLA cameo) in the Heritage auction:

Flash175front1197070005_zps45f5fd43.jpg

Jesus!!! First 9.8 i ever saw! very impressive! I have been steadily working on an international set of the Supes Flash races i love this covers!!

Norwegian "Lightning" Edition.....

lynet-nr-8-1968-fn_zps3781d8d3.jpg

That can't be an easy task-collecting an international set- that's very cool!

It is very taxing but such a great reward whn they arrive in the mail.

In 2014 i will present my Supes vs Flash set collection. It is one of my pride and joys. Your book is one of the best 9.8s of all time

This is my only Flash book so far

1962_zps7d4650c4.jpg

Love the purple covers, great looking copy.

Thanks. It looks great out of the bag. I should've really done that, way too much glare.

These are my favorite SA Flashes (at least that I have so far)

The 123 looks ridiculously undergraded. Might be something on the back, but that is one clean 123...

Hells yes!! Does it even HAVE a back cover, 'cause that is sssmokin'!!

These are my favorite SA Flashes (at least that I have so far)

The 123 looks ridiculously undergraded. Might be something on the back, but that is one clean 123...

Hells yes!! Does it even HAVE a back cover, 'cause that is sssmokin'!!

I've always thought it looked surprisingly nice for the grade. Back is clean, I took some poor quality shots of it and of course my reflection on the slab makes it look discolored but its good:

image-13.jpg

And the front to show with same lame camera quality:

image-14.jpg

In case people haven't seen it, there's a nice fund raising thread going on in G/S/B right now.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7268862

As a matter of fact, I believe there's a set of a few midgrade SA Flash comics up for grabs, for whatever price you want to pay... :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7268884#Post7268884

I've always thought it looked surprisingly nice for the grade. Back is clean, I took some poor quality shots of it and of course my reflection on the slab makes it look discolored but its good:

image-13.jpg

Maybe it is the dust shadow of a human taking a pictures that holds the grade down :baiting:

But that is a real nice looking 123.

The Flash 112 has always been one of my favorite DC books. Can't afford a high-grade copy such as yours, but I did manage to snag a real nice raw Fine copy a couple of years ago in San Diego. Even that took me a long time to find. I love the stories and art in this issue--and especailly the 1st appearance of Elongated Man. A minor character to be sure but I always enjoyed reading his adventures. Last summer a dealer at San Diego was offering a CGC 9.0 with White PQ for three grand. Too rich for my pocketbook. Congrats on owning an exceptionally beautiful copy.