• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,915 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

I signed up last week and my name is Richard. Been collecting comics for a few years now, have a small collection but some nice silver age issues are in this collection. I look forward to speaking with all of you about our love for comics !

Hi all my name is Chad. I signed up here very recently mostly because I started buying some comics again after several years off of it, and thought I wanted to try the slabbed game. I always think I liked just the collecting aspect the most and have graded comics certainly fit that criteria.

I like reading too, I just think collecting is more my style given my past history with coins, records, action figures, board games.

Oh yeah I play drums, and am a jazzer.

Awesome.

WTTBs!

Hey Everyone!

I signed up last week and my name is Richard. Been collecting comics for a few years now, have a small collection but some nice silver age issues are in this collection. I look forward to speaking with all of you about our love for comics !

Welcome to the boards. :hi:

Hello everyone, my name is Gary...all my friends call me flip. I've been a CGC member for a couple years now and I have always enjoyed the boards, although I do admit that I have been intimidated by the wealth of knowledge some of you guys have on the topics of comic books and collecting.

Like 90% of the folks on here I read comics as a child in the mid 70's. But I read "Uncle Scrooge" and "Scooby Doo" and "Richie Rich". I never really considered it collecting. I just had a large box of comics. As a matter of fact, when I went away to the Air Force in 88 my mother called me and said she was cleaning out closets and came across my box...A gentleman she worked with collected comics and was wondering if I minded if she gave them to him to which I readily agreed.

Fast forward 20 years later, my son and I start watching "The Walking Dead" He tells me that it started out as a comic book and I suggest we compare the story lines. That was all it took. Now I'm working on my own comic book room...(his old bedroom) and we have the complete DEAD run in 9.8...I concentrate on Silver Surfer, The Joker, Batman, Superman, and Daredevil and a few select keys.

I appreciate all the information y'all have provided to me and look forward to many more hours in front of the screen.

This looks like as good a time as any to jump in here, too.

My name is Vinnie and I just joined up recently. I was a big comic fan and "collector" in the late 60's and amassed a fair sized collection of Silver Age DC and Marvel superhero books - Batman, ASM, FF, Superman, GL, Flash, JLA, etc., etc. When I was in 7th grade my family moved cross country and my books came along with us.

I've looked in on my collection a few times over the last 40 years or so but between having and raising kids and now grandkids, I never had the time to give it the proper attention it deserved until now.

It's been a pleasure to re-acquaint myself with the hobby and to be amazed at the differences between then and now; almost 40 years.

I've lurked here for a while then joined once I realized that the brains of the operation appear to reside here. I have also learned a great deal in just a few short weeks and I appreciate the knowledge I have gained tremendously.

I hope to be worthy participant around here.