• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,915 posts in this topic

Howdy folks, my name is Yaw and I've posting/active on the boards for a few months after being a part time lurker and didn't realize we had an introduction thread going. I've recently returned to the hobby after about a decade absence.

A good buddy of mine gave me a heads up that Marvel was killing off Peter Parker and that DC was going through a relaunch, etc so I was interested in getting back in the game. My main focus is collecting Spidey and X-Men related books along with some of the indie books that hit my radar. My Achilles heel at the moment is sketch covers as I honestly can't say no to some of the fantastic original art work I've seen on the boards and at cons.

That goodness my wife supports the hobby!

I've lurked here for a while then joined once I realized that the brains of the operation appear to reside here. I have also learned a great deal in just a few short weeks and I appreciate the knowledge I have gained tremendously.

Welcome Vinnie!

There is a wealth of knowledge already posted on the Boards, as you already figured out. Reading old threads can be quite educational.

Hello everyone. Ive been a member on here for several years but have recently gotten back into collecting. I am looking to become more consistent in my grading and more active with my collecting. Of course I also plan on expanding my meager CGC collection too! I look forward to chatting with all of you and learning lots of stuff from everyone.

Hello World! :)

Just getting back to the world of comics. Lost interest back in the 90's when the market tanked. Just getting back in a few months ago. Was a little shocking to see how much the NM 98 are worth now...

With all the cover gimmicks going on, it doesn't seem much has changed... :)

Just getting back to the world of comics. Lost interest back in the 90's when the market tanked. Just getting back in a few months ago. Was a little shocking to see how much the NM 98 are worth now...

Welcome to the boards. It's the 90s all over again.

Hello everyone. Ive been a member on here for several years but have recently gotten back into collecting. I am looking to become more consistent in my grading and more active with my collecting. Of course I also plan on expanding my meager CGC collection too! I look forward to chatting with all of you and learning lots of stuff from everyone.

Welcome to the boards, consider signing up for the March Madness grading contest to practice your grading.

smiley-greet013.gif Welcome to the boards, wasteddraftpicks!

smiley-greet013.gif Welcome to the boards kongrassman!

New to the boards and just would like to say Hi to everyone. Have been on and off of comic's for the past 16 years but for the past few months I have been really into it. Really enjoying Batgirl, walking dead, crossed badlands, justice league, batman new 52 series( can't wait for Eternal to start up!)

Edited by pacino408

Hi all

Long time comic reader, although I stopped for a while when I realised how much fun girls can be and how little they like comics, back reading again now and loving lots of the new stuff. Based in the UK which is a pain for collecting. Hoping to find some new info and catch up on things ive missed.

Hi all

Long time comic reader, although I stopped for a while when I realised how much fun girls can be and how little they like comics, back reading again now and loving lots of the new stuff. Based in the UK which is a pain for collecting. Hoping to find some new info and catch up on things ive missed.

Greetings and welcome to the Boards :hi:

You will find quite a few Brits loitering on here who can help if you're looking for books etc.

Are you going to the LSCC?