• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, Beastfeast said:

No it's not.  It's proof that this particular book didn't go through QC.  Comic book people and hyperbole...name a more iconic duo.  

So I guess that QC from the ‘most trusted’ company means spot checking every few books then…

This is a bit different than a small hair, or plastic shard (which is also unacceptable) it’s a huge piece of paper.  Even the shipping guy could have seen this and stopped it from going out (if the company had a culture where they care about customer satisfaction).

I stand behind my statement that they aren’t doing QC… they are slinging books through so fast and just rolling the dice that things work out (for them).

As for a more iconic duo… how about your lips and my :censored:

On 6/2/2023 at 8:12 AM, Iconic1s said:

So I guess that QC from the ‘most trusted’ company means spot checking every few books then…

This is a bit different than a small hair, or plastic shard (which is also unacceptable) it’s a huge piece of paper.  Even the shipping guy could have seen this and stopped it from going out (if the company had a culture where they care about customer satisfaction).

I stand behind my statement that they aren’t doing QC… they are slinging books through so fast and just rolling the dice that things work out (for them).

As for a more iconic duo… how about your lips and my :censored:

Having a bad day, dude? Need to talk about it? 

On 6/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Some people can read 259 pages about books not being caught by QC and act like it's rare.  

Here’s the thing: it is kinda rare. It sucks when it happens and REALLLLLY sucks when it damages a book or otherwise costs the submitter money. Those instances ARE rare in the context of just how many tens of thousands of books are submitted a month. That doesn’t make them ok and doesn’t make CGC not have terrible optics. 

This thread isn’t 259 pages where every post is a QC nightmare. It’s more than there should be - sure. But let’s stop pretending that every book that comes back is dripping in newton rings or scratches. CGC’s stance on those QC problems is another issue entirely. 

On 6/2/2023 at 4:18 PM, Gaard said:

I kind of hope there isn't a QC department.  It'd be a real richard decision by CGC, but if there was, I wouldn't want people like that (noncaring, apathetic, etc.) anywhere near my comics.

I feel like the reality is an understaffed QC dept that doesn’t at all care about the widgets they’re inspecting.

Let's say Mary is a QC tech. A ME comes back, that Mary originally inspected, due to heavy newton rings plastic shards. What is Mary's probable response...

"Oh shoot! I can't believe I missed that!"

or

"Whatevs. When's break time?"

On 6/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, Gaard said:

Let's say Mary is a QC tech. A ME comes back, that Mary originally inspected, due to heavy newton rings plastic shards. What is Mary's probable response...

"Oh shoot! I can't believe I missed that!"

or

"Whatevs. When's break time?"

When I was stateside one time, we stopped in at a 7/11 to get some drinks, it was hot and we had been walking for ages. The store was busy, 3 people on the tills, about 15 people in the store. Took ages to get to the register, and when we finally did, the cashier was on her phone, holding a conversation, not a care in the world for where she was and what she was supposed to be doing. I could have shorted her and she would have never noticed.

These are the times we live in. People fill space, they aren't expected to care or even know what they are doing.

On 6/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, Poutine said:

When I was stateside one time, we stopped in at a 7/11 to get some drinks, it was hot and we had been walking for ages. The store was busy, 3 people on the tills, about 15 people in the store. Took ages to get to the register, and when we finally did, the cashier was on her phone, holding a conversation, not a care in the world for where she was and what she was supposed to be doing. I could have shorted her and she would have never noticed.

These are the times we live in. People fill space, they aren't expected to care or even know what they are doing.

Yes, this is a completely new phenomenon thanks to < insert specific generation or president or party or buzzword or whatever is upsetting you today > where some people don't care about their job.

Never happened before.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, manetteska said:

Yes, this is a completely new phenomenon thanks to < insert specific generation or president or party or buzzword or whatever is upsetting you today > where some people don't care about their job.

Never happened before.

Your sarcasm is weak. Being over 40, "the times we live in" are about 40 years. 

Pessimism is as old as time, as you clearly demonstrate. Perhaps I can find a cloud for you to yell at?

On 6/3/2023 at 7:56 AM, Ryan. said:

I'm shocked they're not attracting industry leading talent with these huge salaries being offered:

https://www.collectiblesgroup.com/careers/listing/?department=Production

Opening a European operation in Germany?