• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,171 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2022 at 10:59 AM, skypinkblu said:

I wonder if it's a way to avoid fees? or try to avoid fees.  For a long time, if a bidder canceled more than a few bids, they would be sanctioned by eBay, they seem to have stopped that a few years ago. So I wonder if they don't have a mechanism to check if someone is avoiding fees.

Either that, or they have more of the same item and don't want people to know that best offer works.

In any case, I would call eBay and talk to someone, while it might be perfectly fine, eBay  should get a heads up so they can look into it.

Thank you for your response.
I feel this may be a part of it, but do not want to involve eBay.

On 4/9/2022 at 12:00 PM, Gaard said:

Ask the seller why he does it?

Thank you.
Did that over the weekend.
Their response was confusing to me, but I will take it at face value as it isn't just their CGC items that are affected.
"our listing agent multi lists items on various platforms. For some odd reason the listing just show ended not sold"

Another deadbeat for the list. Won an auction, never paid, never responded to messages, just total radio silence. Only 3 feedback, so not sure if it's a noob, or a shill account or what. Seller beware.

tyler_comic

Quick question - I have a buyer who made an "item not arrived" report. The tracking shows delivered, but his report says that even though it shows as delivered, nothing was actually there. It doesn't seem like a scammy buyer (yet), but like someone who genuinely didn't get the item.

I resent the tracking number and sent a message asking if maybe someone else in the household brought it in without them knowing, or maybe it was dropped at a neighbor's accidentally. My only options are to send a message or refund the buyer, and since it shows delivered I don't want to go straight to a refund yet (but obviously I'll make them whole if it's appropriate).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? What was the resolution?

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 4/29/2022 at 4:14 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Quick question - I have a buyer who made an "item not arrived" report. The tracking shows delivered, but his report says that even though it shows as delivered, nothing was actually there. It doesn't seem like a scammy buyer (yet), but like someone who genuinely didn't get the item.

I resent the tracking number and sent a message asking if maybe someone else in the household brought it in without them knowing, or maybe it was dropped at a neighbor's accidentally. My only options are to send a message or refund the buyer, and since it shows delivered I don't want to go straight to a refund yet (but obviously I'll make them whole if it's appropriate).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? What was the resolution?

It’s usually a mail carrier issue where the book was scanned while still on the truck but not actually delivered due to time constraints. I’d give it a few days and see if it shows up. It’s happened to me on a number of occasions with usps

In any event, since tracking shows it was delivered, the buyer would have to request an insurance claim depending on the level of service it was shipped with (ie: priority, 1sr class, etc). It is the postal services responsibility financially now, however with the amount of porch pirate issues recently they may wash their hands of the situation and eBay would more than likely step in and issue them a refund without penalizing you

Edited by B2D327

On 4/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, B2D327 said:

It’s usually a mail carrier issue where the book was scanned while still on the truck but not actually delivered due to time constraints. I’d give it a few days and see if it shows up. It’s happened to me on a number of occasions with usps

In any event, since tracking shows it was delivered, the buyer would have to request an insurance claim depending on the level of service it was shipped with (ie: priority, 1sr class, etc). It is the postal services responsibility financially now, however with the amount of porch pirate issues recently they may wash their hands of the situation and eBay would more than likely step in and issue them a refund without penalizing you

Thanks - this sounds like exactly what happened. Buyer said it showed up today so all is well!

On 2/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, Beige said:

https://pages.ebay.com.au/payment/2.0/terms.html

Fees are going up - varies region to region.

Ones I have noticed:

Store monthly fee, fixed fee per sale, % fee per sale, chargeback fee....

Many more.

Not great timing - but again, there is zero competition. If I want to reach the most buyers in Australia, there is no other format that comes close.

Yes the final value fee in the United  states Increased from a base 12.55% to 12.9% for "non store" sellers who don't wish to pay a 28 dollar monthly store subscription. I think it was increased last February for the "collectibles comics" category. So essentially if you're a casual seller only listing something occasionally it's nearly 13%. If you sell through global shipping program its another 1.65% on top of that. Finally, if you sell something for over 7,500 dollars that's another ~2.5% fee tacked on to the 12.9%. So if you're selling something for 7500+ internationally from the US without a store subscription be prepared to be fleeced!

Anyone who thinks this is excessive should try and buy from places like Myslabs who only charge a nominal fee. I can say for sure, that's the first place I look when searching for something! 

Edited by MGsimba77

On 5/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Anyone who thinks this is excessive should try and buy from places like Myslabs who only charge a nominal fee. I can say for sure, that's the first place I look when searching for something! 

I agree eBay fees are high, but you can't find a bigger comic-buying audience anywhere. 

I sell on MySlabs and eBay.  Guess which one has traffic. 

The 1% seller fee is great... but would be better if stuff sold.