• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,500 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2021 at 7:42 AM, marvelmaniac said:

930695055_G2-HasbroMarvelLegendsRetroFigures.thumb.jpg.8f8db859b816f31e684ab1eac0a047b0.jpg

These look so awesome I decided to look them up.  3.75" ?!!  NOOOOOO!!!

I'd be all over these if they were Super Powers/Secret Wars scale (5").  Iron Man, Cap and Spidey look so good.

This is a surprising Prime Day Deal - Lego Avengers Quinjet from Endgame marked down to $48 shipped from $80.  I would be all over it if I had not already purchased one for more around six months ago. 

I highly recommend this. 

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Marvel-Avengers-Ultimate-Building/dp/B07JXP6R13

Edited by Buzzetta

Prime Day Deal ... just wow... I might buy a second one to stash - again a set I already have and paid full retail.  It's worth the $130... It's a steal at $78

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Exclusive/dp/B0849GZMZH/

The Razor Crest - Normally $130 marked down to $78 shipped 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, Buzzetta said:

Prime Day Deal ... just wow... I might buy a second one to stash - again a set I already have and paid full retail.  It's worth the $130... It's a steal at $78

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Exclusive/dp/B0849GZMZH/

The Razor Crest - Normally $130 marked down to $78 shipped 

Sorry I missed these, I didn't even think to check.  I'm always looking for discounted Lego sets for my kids to put together.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:42 AM, marvelmaniac said:

930695055_G2-HasbroMarvelLegendsRetroFigures.thumb.jpg.8f8db859b816f31e684ab1eac0a047b0.jpg

I have been sorely tempted by these, but so far have resisted. We'll see how long that lasts.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:01 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

RrDiyF4.jpg

'Please be patient, I'm still learning.' 

It really is a great figure. I posted some pics of mine several pages out, you might check them out if you're inclined. I'm still not going whole hog on this line, but I do have John Constantine and the new "steel box" (or whatever it's called) Wolverine on pre-order. Trying to not get sucked in too far on this line...

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It really is a great figure. I posted some pics of mine several pages out, you might check them out if you're inclined. I'm still not going whole hog on this line, but I do have John Constantine and the new "steel box" (or whatever it's called) Wolverine on pre-order. Trying to not get sucked in too far on this line...

Terrific photos! Yeah, Dr Fate was also my first figure from the line, and I've now preordered Bishop and the Fantastic Four set. I'm also deciding if I want either of the versions of Cyclops (probably not, neither really speak to me). I'm lucky in that I haven't liked that many of their redesigns, but now it's a whole new ballgames having one in-hand, and knowing how good they can be. 

My main problem is I already collect too many lines and have 2 expensive lines I collect, one regularly and one fairly often now, Transformers Masterpiece line and Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat line, neither of which are cheap. So something will have to give. 

28 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Terrific photos! Yeah, Dr Fate was also my first figure from the line, and I've now preordered Bishop and the Fantastic Four set. I'm also deciding if I want either of the versions of Cyclops (probably not, neither really speak to me). I'm lucky in that I haven't liked that many of their redesigns, but now it's a whole new ballgames having one in-hand, and knowing how good they can be. 

My main problem is I already collect too many lines and have 2 expensive lines I collect, one regularly and one fairly often now, Transformers Masterpiece line and Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat line, neither of which are cheap. So something will have to give. 

It's tough to make those calls. I am mostly dedicated to vintage stuff, but I seem to dabble with other lines, only to get hooked, buy a bunch of them, then sell them off when i want to buy a vintage piece. I've done this, like, 4 or 5 times now with Marvel Legends, for instance. I think they're great, but they're always the first thing I sell off when i want to streamline the collection. I also recently dumped nearly all of my DC Direct stuff, in order to fund the purchase I'm picking up this weekend. It is what it is!

Right now I'm hanging in with vintage G.I.Joe, G1 Transformers, some occasional NECA stuff, Alien related stuff, and some modern Transformers, primarily 86 movie related figures and the crew of the Lost Light. That seems...doable. But you never know when I'll get a wild hare and decide to sell a bunch of stuf to buy something else. It's the circle of life!

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

It's tough to make those calls. I am mostly dedicated to vintage stuff, but I seem to dabble with other lines, only to get hooked, buy a bunch of them, then sell them off when i want to buy a vintage piece. I've done this, like, 4 or 5 times now with Marvel Legends, for instance. I think they're great, but they're always the first thing I sell off when i want to streamline the collection. I also recently dumped nearly all of my DC Direct stuff, in order to fund the purchase I'm picking up this weekend. It is what it is!

Right now I'm hanging in with vintage G.I.Joe, G1 Transformers, some occasional NECA stuff, Alien related stuff, and some modern Transformers, primarily 86 movie related figures and the crew of the Lost Light. That seems...doable. But you never know when I'll get a wild hare and decide to sell a bunch of stuf to buy something else. It's the circle of life!

Yeah, I've cut my Marvel Legends down to X-Men and Fantastic Four related characters only, Star Wars Black to OT only (some Mandalorian too), everything from McFarlane's Mortal Kombat (fantastic line), gotten picky with my Transformers Kingdom stuff (mainly G1 characters I feel I need updates of), then the stuff I mentioned before, the MP's and the Storm MKs. 

It sounds like a lot, but it really isn't, it's really quite manageable, so I'm thankful for that. I gave up on Vintage Star Wars a long time ago now. Too much repro flooding the market, too many scammers. Maybe one day I'll jump back in, but not in the near future. 

12 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Yeah, I've cut my Marvel Legends down to X-Men and Fantastic Four related characters only, Star Wars Black to OT only (some Mandalorian too), everything from McFarlane's Mortal Kombat (fantastic line), gotten picky with my Transformers Kingdom stuff (mainly G1 characters I feel I need updates of), then the stuff I mentioned before, the MP's and the Storm MKs. 

It sounds like a lot, but it really isn't, it's really quite manageable, so I'm thankful for that. I gave up on Vintage Star Wars a long time ago now. Too much repro flooding the market, too many scammers. Maybe one day I'll jump back in, but not in the near future. 

Oh yeah, I hear you. I LOVE Star Wars, but I do not collect Star Wars at all. Vintage, new, none of it. There's just too much, it would drive me insane. So I an strictly a window shopped on SW. Love it, but can't buy it.

With Marvel Legends I had finally scaled back to JUST X-Men, but I was in a situation where i was wanting to raise money to fund a long desired purchase, plus they took up a lot of space, AND they were selling really well compared to what I'd paid for them. SO, they had to go. Check back in a year or two, I will have probably gone back on my word and started buying them again, for I am a weak, weak man.

24 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh yeah, I hear you. I LOVE Star Wars, but I do not collect Star Wars at all. Vintage, new, none of it. There's just too much, it would drive me insane. So I an strictly a window shopped on SW. Love it, but can't buy it.

With Marvel Legends I had finally scaled back to JUST X-Men, but I was in a situation where i was wanting to raise money to fund a long desired purchase, plus they took up a lot of space, AND they were selling really well compared to what I'd paid for them. SO, they had to go. Check back in a year or two, I will have probably gone back on my word and started buying them again, for I am a weak, weak man.

Oh I know the feeling. The amount of times I've said to myself 'this is it. After this wave, you're done. You don't need anyone else.' Then they go and announce a Strong Guy BAF, and I'm right back on the saddle.