• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,481 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2023 at 12:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Since you asked a good question, I'll spoil that answer: Black Reign is 1 of the 5 duplicate items.

I edited my last post to add this in: 

I believe I see 2 of the same tpb in 2 different shelves. The same book in 2 photos is the C++ Programming language book. 

Edit: and finally add All-star Superman. You have the tpb and the Absolute. 

--------

Those plus the other two are my guesses. 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

image.png.05fb0feddb0409baa60b814b040f08d5.png

The C++ books were moved after I took the first photo.

Whoops. That's what posting at 1am does for you! :facepalm:lol

On 1/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's play a game...

There are 4 duplicate books in the first image. There is 1 'duplicate' (not the C++ books) between the first and second images. The first person to list all 5 will receive a $5 PayPal gift from me, if they so desire. Who is the best detective? Show us your Batman-related skills!

Edit: Since it was a legitimately good question; Black Reign is 1 of the 5.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Your shelves look great!

On 1/3/2023 at 7:20 AM, D2 said:

How do you like the Ghost in the shell book?

I've been looking for a hardcover version, but I want to make sure not to get the censored version

I haven't read it yet. I'll be a while. I can crack it open and check to see if it's censored, if you let me know what to look for.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's play a game...

There are 4 duplicate books in the first image. The first person to list all 4 will receive a $5 PayPal gift from me, if they so desire. Who is the best detective? Show us your Batman-related skills!

Edit 1: Since it was a legitimately good question; Black Reign is 1 of the 4.

Edit 2: Challenge simplified.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Challenge update: The 5th 'duplicate' was Justice League: Origin Absolute Edition in Pic 1, and the stack of New 52 JL in Pic 2.

Can anyone detect the remaining 3 from Pic 1?

On 1/3/2023 at 7:31 PM, srezvan said:

I haven't read it yet. I'll be a while. I can crack it open and check to see if it's censored, if you let me know what to look for.

The censored version has one altered image, and two missing pages. As the Major lands on a boat (from the air), you can see two nekkid gals diddling about, in the original. In the US/DH version, the girls are redrawn as lounging in bikinis. After that, there are two pages of explicit girl-girl sex in the original. These two pages are completely missing from the US/DH version. To my knowledge, the uncensored version was never published in the US, but I may be wrong, as I haven't paid attention for 20 years or more. I used to have an import of the original manga tpb, that had the explicit pages intact. While I do understand the desire to have the original, uncensored versions of all stories, the truth is that the omitted sequence doesn't affect the story whatsoever, and frankly, is kind of jarring, as it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the story at all. And I say that as a bona fide perv!

On 1/3/2023 at 7:31 PM, srezvan said:

Whenever you get the chance. I'm not in a huge huge rush but I've been interested in getting into the Ghost in the Shell world, and apparently it's a complex one lol.

Apparently in the original, there is an adult... sequence, that's about 2 pages long, which was cut out of several versions of the book. 

So I've just been wanting to get the best, biggest and most faithful version

On 1/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, F For Fake said:

While I do understand the desire to have the original, uncensored versions of all stories, the truth is that the omitted sequence doesn't affect the story whatsoever, and frankly, is kind of jarring, as it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the story at all. And I say that as a bona fide perv!

Maybe the increased blood-flow is pertinent to experiencing the story as the artist/writer intended. :devil:

On 1/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Blastaar said:

Picked up this $500 avengers box set for $100 on eBay. Still a few of these bad boys out there around that price. Crazy amount of  content. 

4FAD44CF-2E0B-413F-9451-51BD190D19FD.jpeg.f5b02b9a7ccbecf7e3c8ceefe584afb9.jpeg

I felt compelled to buy it when it was released. Got it for $250 from IST. You got a great deal.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:59 AM, D2 said:

Whenever you get the chance. I'm not in a huge huge rush but I've been interested in getting into the Ghost in the Shell world, and apparently it's a complex one lol.

Apparently in the original, there is an adult... sequence, that's about 2 pages long, which was cut out of several versions of the book. 

So I've just been wanting to get the best, biggest and most faithful version

There are 3 volumes, and I haven't read them yet. Flipping through will give things away, so I'm not going to do that. However, the first book did include these statements. Hopefully this helps:

20230104_063137.jpg

20230104_063206.jpg

My favorite purchase of 2023 so far! Been looking for these for about a year so I can keep reading the series. They showed up in my saved ebay searches as an auction with a make an offer option. So I made an offer on all 3 just a few bucks above the starting auction price, and the seller accepted all 3 offers. I was shocked. I still need #15 and Special Missions #3, but at least I can continue reading the series.

20230107_105320.jpg

On 1/7/2023 at 12:14 PM, srezvan said:

My favorite purchase of 2023 so far! Been looking for these for about a year so I can keep reading the series. They showed up in my saved ebay searches as an auction with a make an offer option. So I made an offer on all 3 just a few bucks above the starting auction price, and the seller accepted all 3 offers. I was shocked. I still need #15 and Special Missions #3, but at least I can continue reading the series.

20230107_105320.jpg

^^

On 1/8/2023 at 4:14 AM, srezvan said:

20230107_105320.jpg

Ugh I have like the first 10 of these, I gave up on collecting them partway through, so now I just have a majority of the story, which is nothing. I really need to get rid of the ones I do have. 

Edited by Cat
Edit: typo