• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2023 at 10:46 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When exactly is the deadline for the Mark Bagley signing in July? It can't be Friday the 23rd, ??? hint today is Friday :) 

I'm just curious as mine was marked delivered yesterday, and I'm hoping I'm in time as it isn't in the system yet, just hoping it is still "early enough!?!" :cheers:

image.thumb.png.25774182c29111ae8335f8ce12280478.png

My Bagley still hasn't been checked in as received although it was delivered last Thursday before the deadline...

On 7/22/2023 at 9:50 AM, ShaggyB said:

Ive been told if it was delivered before the deadline it counts, even if theyve not checked it in yet.

That said they take about 10 days to check stuff in.

Mine got checked in on the 9th day. But that was earlier in the week

Ah 10 days I'll wait some more lol

I didn’t see a place for this..I haven’t sent in a cgc book for a signing before .. ..sent in a cgc SS book for a signing and press…I didn’t send in a board and bag ..just realized was I supposed to? If I was what happens if I didn’t?

thanks

On 7/26/2023 at 6:20 PM, fatlab123 said:

I didn’t see a place for this..I haven’t sent in a cgc book for a signing before .. ..sent in a cgc SS book for a signing and press…I didn’t send in a board and bag ..just realized was I supposed to? If I was what happens if I didn’t?

thanks

in all likelihood when they crack the slab for the book to be signed they will put it in their own window bag and the talent will sign it wherever they see fit

or they will send your book back to you unsigned and refund your money for not following the rules

I would bet against the later 

With a slabbed book I typically just send in a backerboard with the CGC paper attached to it. Though I have also just sent in a slab with the CGC paper attached to the back of the slab. And have never had an issue. StillOnly25Cents is correct that they just put it in one of their window bags for the signing. Only reason to worry about sending in your own bag is if you are wanting to window bag it to have the artist sign in a particular location. If you don't care where it's signed on the cover, then its not necessary. 

On 7/27/2023 at 10:18 AM, Miketaylorwork said:

Man, I feel like a sucker now, I've been sending in CGC window bags with a board for each one and they are like a a buck each.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but these signings get silly spensive. 

Since you were kind enough to encourage me, I'll quote to lament, I window bagged for Bagley, but I didn't leave near enough room for the remarque and signature. :(

It wasn't a slab otherwise they'd put it in the CGC window bag with ample room, but since it was raw I felt obligated to try and send a window bag lol

Also, my Bagley book checked in today as received... Hope yours does soon as well. An interesting note, it wasn't clickable to see what book they had entered so I called. Lady nervously said, " ummm ASM 361 I see?" I asked if it said Australian and she replied again nervously, but kudos for it being all correct and a sigh of relief! On to the future!

On 7/26/2023 at 4:20 PM, fatlab123 said:

thanks

Thanks for all the response …I’m hoping for the cool yellow bags…it’s for the Neil Gaiman signing 

On 7/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

The Bagleys just got checked in, I'll keep dropping status updates since I have a few different signings.

Whew on the Bagley! Nice of you to stick it out. Hope for the others as well 🙏

Thanks for the encouragement of my Bagley! I searched social to see the last couple of signings videos for Bagley, I thought there were more posted, but my search skills may be lacking ....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/26/2023 at 9:11 PM, Franken Berry's Monster said:

Just arrived. Really thought it would be a 9.6 or 9.8. 

Grader notes say "light spine stress lines to cover" but I can't see anything visible. 

Thoughts on sending it back for a clean and press? 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 1.09.36 PM.png

Would need to see more pics... but bottom left below that name is a problem spot

Screenshot_20230730_204813_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3ec19f659a0233e0289bc23e22dd0b8.jpg

Is there anything on the back side?

Edited by ShaggyB

On 7/27/2023 at 4:18 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Man, I feel like a sucker now, I've been sending in CGC window bags with a board for each one and they are like a a buck each.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but these signings get silly spensive. 

Same here... ah well

Just sent these in to get signed 
Lobo- Simon Bisley
X-Men- J. Scott Campbell

I got both of these at a claim sale for pretty cheap. I'm still debating on becoming a full member at least for a year to get a few books graded I know I can get them graded from CBCS but I'll take a hit when I want to sell them.

lobo-front.thumb.jpg.d9680aec2144c5d16404d59d7001c459.jpglobo-back.thumb.jpg.a509d47f73d206dbcb90c6b1769f2d01.jpgx-men-front.thumb.jpg.c5fd070c03a85621eceb4aa4082f1124.jpgx-men-back.thumb.jpg.37e2b9857e929f91c87df89eafba0170.jpg

lol the deadline to have the Bagley in by was July 21st...

Now I'm wondering when the signing will happen?

lol Only been two weeks, but I feel what everyone feels. Hope it is somewhat soon :)