• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

956 posts in this topic

Jim Lee signing w/ Scott Williams.... so im sending my claremont signed x-men #1 back to get those 2 on it and complete the set.

Sending Image United #1 Omega Spawn cgc 9.8 (Lee cover) and the foil variants of Batman #608 to be graded. Hopefully the 608s come back 9.8.

Edited by ShaggyB

Slowly waiting on Bagley, but before months end I'm assured.

Jim Lee was undoable this go around. Not disappointed, but I did notice there were more options this go around. :)

I still don't know all the dynamics or examples plainly, as I paid for a remarque and last I did it and it was more than I thought it would be. A quarter of a page almost head. I guess the rest is torso arm or appendage options etc. I was so satisfied though! It was like the lowest option too, remarque. 

I say if you sent in a blank comic with enough room in the window bag, I'd think it'd make you happy, and depending on affordability for each individual or if you want multiples. It is on the high end at $500+ or so for remarque only, but I was impressed. :)

Now if onky Campbell would follow! ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

My J. SCOTT CAMPBELL X-Men book was received 8-17-23 and scheduled for grading (Which will be awhile since the deadline is Oct. 15)

still waiting for confirmation on my SIMON BISLEY which was sent the same day and the deadline for that one is September 8th.

As for Jim Lee I was thinking of sending in one of my other X-men #1's or my Batman 125.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:08 PM, ShaggyB said:

Jim Lee signing w/ Scott Williams.... so im sending my claremont signed x-men #1 back to get those 2 on it and complete the set.

Sending Image United #1 Omega Spawn cgc 9.8 (Lee cover) and the foil variants of Batman #608 to be graded. Hopefully the 608s come back 9.8.

great choice and a great reminder to consider sending in the Image United #1.

On 8/18/2023 at 1:58 AM, DravinClaw said:

My J. SCOTT CAMPBELL X-Men book was received 8-17-23 and scheduled for grading (Which will be awhile since the deadline is Oct. 15)

still waiting for confirmation on my SIMON BISLEY which was sent the same day and the deadline for that one is September 8th.

As for Jim Lee I was thinking of sending in one of my other X-men #1's or my Batman 125.

I just sent my 10 Campbell books in today.

Here is the list, all at cgc 9.8:

ASM 601, ASM 606, ASM 607, ASM Renew Your Vows #1 campbell cover, Amazing Mary Jane #1 campbell B cover, Black Cat & Mj Beyond campbell tatoo, Spider Gwen #1 midtown comics exclusive, Spider Gwen #2 campbell variant, Spawn #300 campbell virgin, and Spawn #301 campbell virgin variant

That was a 13 pound shipment. Make sure you have a ups account to get 52% off.... otherwise... Woah

I also sent in my Claremont signed Xmen #1 for Lee/Williams.... paid to get the xmen label back, lets hope i dont get a damaged delivery this time.

And lastly, i sent in Image United#1 cgc 9.8 Lee variant, Batman #608 Foil Edition and Batman #608 Foil Variant Edition for just Lee to sign.

Expensive day... though they wont charge the comics till they check in

Edited by ShaggyB

On 8/19/2023 at 3:49 PM, Joshua912003 said:

Brett Breeding is moving. one is in quality control, and other is in grading. 

Mine just shipped but cgc seems to now think there is a bend in my 9.8 book and has graded it 9.6 now.

@CGC Mike

How does one challenge a grading as i would think cgc or brett/dan caused said damage to the book?

Grader Notes:
small bend left top of back cover

20221212_094513.thumb.jpg.da265ea30a97c8979d3969cb5a7ff83f.jpg

Edited by ShaggyB

• Administrator
On 8/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, ShaggyB said:

Mine just shipped but cgc seems to now think there is a bend in my 9.8 book and has graded it 9.6 now.

@CGC Mike

How does one challenge a grading as i would think cgc or brett/dan caused said damage to the book?

Hi

I am sorry to hear this.  Unfortunately, this can happen.  Here is some screenshots from the consent form, where it explains it.  

image.png

image.png

Yeah, I've been worried about this.  I have a NM 98 signed by Stan Lee in there that is a 9.8, I've been hearing of an uptick in grade drops in signings lately.  I don't know it it the pre signing process, the actual signing, or if the pressing afterwards not doing the best job.  I got a Nova #1 (1976) back that was a 9.6 signed by Wolfman and it stayed a 9.6, but every pressible flaw was still there (it had 3 non color breaking spine ticks, it still has 3 non color breaking spine ticks, I don't think they pressed it at all even though I was charged for it).  I think when they get busy the post signing pressing is very minimal, like if it wasn't the only option there is no way I'd use them. 

I haven’t got my grade on my Superman 75 yet. My 75 was a 9.2, and I had it pressed. Hopefully it comes back a higher grade. My death of Superman newsstand went out a 9.6, and is coming back a 9.6. That’s sucks on your 9.8. Sorry that happened. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

I am sorry to hear this.  Unfortunately, this can happen.  Here is some screenshots from the consent form, where it explains it.  

image.png

image.png

Im aware, but this is my first drop of a grade due to handling on cgc side.

Can safely say im feeling a bit bummed on this one as it was 9.8 when you got it. So its clearly a handling by signers or cgc that is at fault.

Will have to see what it looks like to see if maybe a pressing could fix.

On 8/21/2023 at 7:48 PM, ShaggyB said:

Im aware, but this is my first drop of a grade due to handling on cgc side.

Can safely say im feeling a bit bummed on this one as it was 9.8 when you got it. So its clearly a handling by signers or cgc that is at fault.

Will have to see what it looks like to see if maybe a pressing could fix.

Did you get it pressed by CGC after the signing?  I've always been told its a must because some of the artist are rough on the books.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, Miketaylorwork said:

Did you get it pressed by CGC after the signing?  I've always been told its a must because some of the artist are rough on the books.

Nope never had to do that before.

I may send back to press, will look at it first

Edited by ShaggyB

On 8/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Ditto, if anyone is interested Liefeld said on his show that he's looking at right around Labor Day to be at CGC to start signing.  I put in a bunch of pregraded 9.8s including NM98 already signed by Stan Lee, I am praying that it stays that way.

I hope it works out but I have had a lot of 9.8s drop to 9.6. Used to be like a 5% chance but now its basically 50/50. They definitely seem to be graded harder.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:33 PM, ShaggyB said:

I just sent my 10 Campbell books in today.

Here is the list, all at cgc 9.8:

ASM 601, ASM 606, ASM 607, ASM Renew Your Vows #1 campbell cover, Amazing Mary Jane #1 campbell B cover, Black Cat & Mj Beyond campbell tatoo, Spider Gwen #1 midtown comics exclusive, Spider Gwen #2 campbell variant, Spawn #300 campbell virgin, and Spawn #301 campbell virgin variant

That was a 13 pound shipment. Make sure you have a ups account to get 52% off.... otherwise... Woah

I also sent in my Claremont signed Xmen #1 for Lee/Williams.... paid to get the xmen label back, lets hope i dont get a damaged delivery this time.

And lastly, i sent in Image United#1 cgc 9.8 Lee variant, Batman #608 Foil Edition and Batman #608 Foil Variant Edition for just Lee to sign.

Expensive day... though they wont charge the comics till they check in

I think Campbell signed some books

as mine no longer says scheduled for grading and now says grading/encapsulation. 

On 8/22/2023 at 4:32 PM, Gator Guru said:

I think Campbell signed some books

as mine no longer says scheduled for grading and now says grading/encapsulation. 

Mine just got there this morning. So they need to check them in and charge my card. But hopefully he is signing them along the way.