• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

8,980 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

How dumb. Imagine having so much free time you can make asinine videos about nothing.

I posted the video because that’s predominantly what I see in here now and on social media. Just a lot of toxicity and being anti CGC because it’s popular. I highly respect James for that take.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:49 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

You seem like a pretty petty person.

Actually, not at all. My concern with what I post here and what is posted here is pretty close to nonexistent. It's just a random comment based on what I'm reading at that particular second, and then forgotten entirely until the next time I have a free second to log back in to the forum. I'm here for the great comic fans who populate this forum that have amazing stories to tell about the hobby & their experiences in enjoying it...definitely not goofball YouTube "influencers" and their heightened senses of self-importance in trying to mine "clicks" and "subscribers." :eyeroll:

On 4/2/2024 at 6:28 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

'Cuz whenever I get interested in a possible new hobby, I always check social media to see what people are saying first.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:23 AM, jas1vans said:

I didn't watch.

Did that video shed any new light on this?

It's pretty easy to just click the white arrow.

On 4/3/2024 at 8:33 AM, Sigur Ros said:

It's pretty easy to just click the white arrow.

The easy stuff is rarely worth it.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

How dumb. Imagine having so much free time you can make asinine videos about nothing.

image.gif.90143c840b8f27a0f8e91281083d34f9.gif

On 4/25/2024 at 7:26 AM, grendel013 said:

My CGC subscription renewal is due next month. I haven't submitted since February. I was hoping CGC would be further along in reimbursing those impacted by this scam. I don't feel right submitting anything until then.

My renewal is up also, I will not renew until it’s resolved. This is extremely annoying 

Unless CGC is cash poor (unlikely), the logical explanation is they plan on lowballing everyone's compensation based on what they get from their insurance. If they wanted to do right by their customers, they would compensate fairly and promptly and then get what they can from insurance after the fact.

I hope I am wrong.