• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Now it can be told! Once more, my daughters' inheritance has shrunk.

Yes, I bought another commission. This one is from the very talented Kerry Callen and features the Golden Age Red Tornado, the first of the pot headed superheroes! Step aside Forbush Man and Fat Man!

All the details can by seen by clicking the image.

Yes, you may have seen this posted by Kerry and shared by me because I thought it was cool and because I FORGOT that i'd commissioned it. Sigh... Old age isn't for the weak.

Callen, Kerry - Red Tornado and Cyclone Kids (print, smaller).jpg  Callen, Kerry - Red Tornado and Cyclone Kids.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 8/14/2023 at 5:13 AM, EXPhysiker said:

Witchblade #83 interrior page by Mike Choi

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1945614

Witchblade #83 page 15 Comic Art

Witchblade #90 interior page by Mike Choi

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1945613&GSub=202724

Witchblade #90 page 1 Comic Art

That is a nice Witchblade pickup!

I'd been eyeballing this in a CAF member's gallery for 6-7 months, and it was finally time for him to sell! A great Gen 13 pinup from 1996 with a gun-toting team by Luke Ross and Sandra Hope. It was published as a promotional piece for issue #14, but I haven't located it yet. Hopefully it will turn up somewhere in my searches - I looked through all but two issues of Wizard from 1996 (Issue #14 was released in November), back issues of Gen 13 and of course, tried to contact Ross and Hope to no avail. Previews is probably the likely publication, but I have no idea how to find any Previews back issues. Luke Ross and Sandra Hope worked on issue #14 and #15, and I believe this was a promotional piece to showcase their work on the book. Either way, great piece and it gives me something to hunt around for.

Gen 13 Promo Art by Luke Ross from 1995.jpg

On 5/8/2023 at 11:13 PM, Grant Turner said:

Commissioned a quick sketch by the great Rudy Nebres of the Jack of Hearts. Just about the size of a trading card but, lots of detail and attention paid to it!

Turned out really great!

IMG_2394.thumb.jpeg.c0a441a2c75197b23d8742288dbee800.jpeg

Rudy said that he really enjoys drawing this character and it is very rarely requested. I was surprised when he decided to add the red in the eye.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:38 AM, Anthony Isaza said:

Rudy said that he really enjoys drawing this character and it is very rarely requested. I was surprised when he decided to add the red in the eye.

Rudy is the ONLY artist that I've heard say that they enjoy drawing Jack. That's one complex costume. :)

image.png.0bc9b7d2a45ce5bead0fde42eaccac20.png

Edited by alxjhnsn