• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2023 at 9:18 PM, Dirtcheap31 said:

Received this beautiful Jamie Hewlett Tank Girl page from the original owner. These early pages are so beautiful in person. https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1935193

:x

On 7/5/2023 at 4:45 PM, fmaz said:

Was looking for a SA/BA Justice League page — took me a while but VERY happy with where I landed!! Just arrived this afternoon, off to the framer in the next day or so!

IMG_9624.thumb.jpeg.f4ae180c0bc93e1004988ce3af3bf830.jpeg

That's a fantastic page!

On 7/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, Dirtcheap31 said:

Received this beautiful Jamie Hewlett Tank Girl page from the original owner. These early pages are so beautiful in person. https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1935193

What a great page - so much going on with the art, it's awesome!

On 7/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, Readcomix said:

Just picked up this cover OA from John Hebert today — his recreation for a recently published reprint edition of CofC #19. 

8E1A1D80-332C-43F0-93DD-35EB0D281D11.jpeg

That is AWESOME! I'm always trying to track down a published recreation or homage of CoC19 (for variants or reprints, etc), but I'm always behind the curve trying to find the art after the book is released - and I'm never sure how to locate artists who might be selling the art before the book gets released. Definitely a sweet snag!

On 7/10/2023 at 6:59 PM, Dr. Balls said:

That is AWESOME! I'm always trying to track down a published recreation or homage of CoC19 (for variants or reprints, etc), but I'm always behind the curve trying to find the art after the book is released - and I'm never sure how to locate artists who might be selling the art before the book gets released. Definitely a sweet snag!

Thanks Jason! Nice grabs you made, too (thumbsu

I saw the book when it first came out (I had a copy, gave it away in the boards’ annual Christmas raffle as part of my gift box. Another copy is on its way to me. I’ll add it to the post when it arrives.) and my first thought was I’d love to have that piece! But my friend had told me he thought it was fully digital so I kind of forgot about it. Then I saw John Hebert at Albany Comic Con and asked him about it. He clarified that the letters and colors were digital but the art itself was very much ink over graphite. One thing led to another … :cloud9:

Unboxed this one last night - the style of inkwork reminded me of a Stephen Platt piece, and the amount of detail in the cover is really cool to look at in-hand. I really like these mid-90's London Night Studios covers, they are fun to chase because they don't turn up a lot and they just have an interesting polished look to them - not to mention, they really nail that 90's look (which I love, and others...not so much. lol)

MORBIDANGEL_COVER_WEBRES.jpg

Second times the charm. Lost out on this quite some time ago maybe within past two years off eBay, wasn't the right timing. Came up for auction on Heritage this summer even with hammer and all the other fees it sold to me well under what I originally lost it for. Added bonus I at least know the original owner since it was inscribed to them. I have come to appreciate picking up paper sketches that were personalized, it sincerely helps the price and it gives a bit of history for the piece in question. 

E-man as a Rocket by Joe Staton 1995

20230726_140345.jpg

On 7/26/2023 at 12:36 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Second times the charm. Lost out on this quite some time ago maybe within past two years off eBay, wasn't the right timing. Came up for auction on Heritage this summer even with hammer and all the other fees it sold to me well under what I originally lost it for. Added bonus I at least know the original owner since it was inscribed to them. I have come to appreciate picking up paper sketches that were personalized, it sincerely helps the price and it gives a bit of history for the piece in question. 

E-man as a Rocket by Joe Staton 1995

20230726_140345.jpg

That’s pretty cool it turned up again - and you landed it. It’s always a carpshoot on art, it could be locked up for the next 30 years, or turn back up in a couple! Congrats!