• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2023 at 7:18 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Behold the rarest piece you're likely to see posted here. A heritage auction lot that sold at the starting bid price! It's the logo design for the Doctor Fate series from the late 80s to the early 90s that was a continuation of the 4-issue mini-series. They're both a great read and suggest you give them a read. It was used for the first 24 issues before being changed to the later logo design which lasted to the end of the series at issue #41. Put a dollar watch bid on it since I thought it was interesting and ended up winning it. 

DoctorFateLogo.thumb.png.5e23acbb96c817ce7fb4a6053395785f.png

It's definitely interesting and has a cool factor. :)

Was there an artist attached? Perhaps creator? Signed? Or other unique identifiers?

On 7/28/2023 at 3:04 PM, G.A.tor said:

Pretty happy with this one 

IMG_20230707_133851_01.jpeg

giphy.gif.e4b37a141b994c6ecbbe75a55c1e0a3a.gif

Holy mother, nice page to add to the Surfer collection!

On 7/27/2023 at 7:18 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Behold the rarest piece you're likely to see posted here. A heritage auction lot that sold at the starting bid price! It's the logo design for the Doctor Fate series from the late 80s to the early 90s that was a continuation of the 4-issue mini-series. They're both a great read and suggest you give them a read. It was used for the first 24 issues before being changed to the later logo design which lasted to the end of the series at issue #41. Put a dollar watch bid on it since I thought it was interesting and ended up winning it. 

DoctorFateLogo.thumb.png.5e23acbb96c817ce7fb4a6053395785f.png

You might consider reaching out to Todd Klein to see if he knows the designer. Todd is active on Facebook

On 7/28/2023 at 5:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's definitely interesting and has a cool factor. :)

Was there an artist attached? Perhaps creator? Signed? Or other unique identifiers?

On 7/28/2023 at 7:31 PM, alxjhnsn said:

You might consider reaching out to Todd Klein to see if he knows the designer. Todd is active on Facebook

Thanks, for the comments and suggestions. Heritage has it credited to being done by Bill Cucinotta. 

On 7/29/2023 at 9:02 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Never thought I'd be an owner of AC Comics art, but the George Perez-like feel to the one Bill Black/Del Barras page was too good to resist... and the second page, well... fm Nightveil #7, 1984

20230729_105720.jpg

I love Bill Black's work - really nice pages!

On 7/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Cover to issue 23 of the current Moon Knight series. Also my first piece with Venom in it. 

MoonKnightvol.1023Cover.thumb.png.5067668e8e6342574c0970267a6c07bb.png

Segovia?

Looks pretty awesome!

Usually happens, one or two Joe Staton paper sketches sell and a slight uptick pops up for sale. 

Joe Staton Penguin from NYC Comic Con 2010. Usually would put in watch list and in a few months purchase, seller had it as a one week auction. Can never tell if they will re-list when it is a piece not seen before if it gets no bids the first round. I was the only bidder. 

20230802_104541.jpg

WARNING: BOOBS

I don't have a lot of nude pieces in my collection - as much as I love the female form, I still enjoy the concept of "leaving something to the imagination", but every now and again I find a piece I like that isn't gratuitous or sexually graphic like this Catfight cover from Lightning Comics. Rod Perry captured the hero Catfight in a regal pose, and the way it was drawn seemed to diminish the fact she was topless. It didn't get a lot of auction action, likely due to the nudity - so it was an easy pickup for me. I slapped the trade dressing on it to complete the look:

Spoiler

CATFIGHT-SWEETREVENGE1COVERbyRodPerry.thumb.jpg.6793c4bc2bacb47c0e07aa2bbd24a760.jpg

CatfightSweetRevengeTradeCoverArt.thumb.jpg.2f056ac12ae3e5cc14276cb6450abb3f.jpg

The last of my HeroesCon 2023 purchases has arrived. Many thanks to Jeremy Bastian for nailing my request.

I have Cursed Pirate Girl and a Pirate Ship for her, but I didn't have a place for her to call home so I asked for a port city.

It's a perfect example of Jeremy's talent and inventiveness.

You really should read Cursed Pirate Girl!

Bastian, Jeremy - Port.jpeg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 8/4/2023 at 10:56 AM, Dirtcheap31 said:

Holy Catwoman :) Michal Dutkiewicz page.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1943815

Also added this title splash from the book: https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1944994

This one as well:https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1944998

Also this man of steel splash all from Michal Dutkiewicz: https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1944999