• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,795 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2023 at 3:43 PM, Hekla said:

Oh my lord... friggin Wytches. What a rollercoaster of spoon. 

I hate when things don't get finished... biggest annoyance, and comic creators wonder why people insist on waiting for the trade.

When issues 1-6 came out, I was so excited to continue that journey... and after years of waiting, they crapped out the Halloween issue. What a waste.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:00 AM, F For Fake said:

See, I keep waiting for Wilcats/Aliens to pop. way back in the day, it was "hot" because it was considered the first Authority, as it finished off the old Stormwatch team. I have a few of these because I'm an Aliens comic hoarder, but so far it hasn't really popped enough for me to sell my copies. I have the single highest graded slab, a 9.6, but I'm keeping that one for the personal collection.

I'm feeling like a genius for picking up a bunch of Stormwatch slabs at CLink last fall. Got most of them for $12-$17, many of them were one of only two or three slabbed 9.8s, a couple the only copies. I sent most of them to MCS a couple of months ago, put $50 on them, and let them sit.  I became aware of this announcement when I suddenly sold several of them. Good times! I'd held onto the Stormwatch 4 9.8, which I'd paid about $170. Put it up at $500 after the announcement and it was gone in a couple of hours. #5 and #6 also sold quickly for me at about $100 and $75.  Also finally cashed in on the raw Stormwatch 37's I'd picked out of dollar bins over the years. I didn't have many of them (they've been under the radar spec for a lot of people for a long time) but they flew outta here.

So, thanks to Stormwatch and Authority, it was a very good week for me!

ON the flipside, a couple of weeks ago I thought "You know, I should get a first Damien Wayne, for my personal collection". There was a 9.8 655 on MCS for about $160. I put it in my cart, intending to go back and get it. Well, I clearly screwed that one up, it'll never be that cheap again.

The W/A variant is a good pickup 

On 2/9/2023 at 9:00 AM, F For Fake said:

See, I keep waiting for Wilcats/Aliens to pop. way back in the day, it was "hot" because it was considered the first Authority, as it finished off the old Stormwatch team. I have a few of these because I'm an Aliens comic hoarder, but so far it hasn't really popped enough for me to sell my copies. I have the single highest graded slab, a 9.6, but I'm keeping that one for the personal collection.

I'm feeling like a genius for picking up a bunch of Stormwatch slabs at CLink last fall. Got most of them for $12-$17, many of them were one of only two or three slabbed 9.8s, a couple the only copies. I sent most of them to MCS a couple of months ago, put $50 on them, and let them sit.  I became aware of this announcement when I suddenly sold several of them. Good times! I'd held onto the Stormwatch 4 9.8, which I'd paid about $170. Put it up at $500 after the announcement and it was gone in a couple of hours. #5 and #6 also sold quickly for me at about $100 and $75.  Also finally cashed in on the raw Stormwatch 37's I'd picked out of dollar bins over the years. I didn't have many of them (they've been under the radar spec for a lot of people for a long time) but they flew outta here.

So, thanks to Stormwatch and Authority, it was a very good week for me!

ON the flipside, a couple of weeks ago I thought "You know, I should get a first Damien Wayne, for my personal collection". There was a 9.8 655 on MCS for about $160. I put it in my cart, intending to go back and get it. Well, I clearly screwed that one up, it'll never be that cheap again.

Stormwatch 11 is a better bet for first Authority over wildcats/aliens  depending on how we would  define a team first.